Does this sound correct???

06 DIESEL

Dead Eye Firearms LLC
OK, I just installed my TST on Monday night, on the way home it kept defueling and I had no idea why. Found out that my safety features were set way way to low. Reset them tonight and now I am getting really high boost. Here is what happens; cruising about 60ish, boost around 5-10, egt about 700; hit the go petal and boost goes to 55+, egt to 1500+, and I am only going aroung 80-85 with more petal left. I have the smarty set on 8, version 4.01, TST set on level 6 on the egt screen. Not sure about other settings since I just got it, but I do know that the boost controll is turned off and the egt is set at 1650, also the other settings are all lower than 5. As far as I know the TST is turned down really low compared to what it can do, correct me if I am wrong though. Do my EGT and Boost sound correct for stock sticks, CP3, and Turbo? What do I need to adjust? Any pointers would be helpful, I am hoping to hit the rollers on Saturday but not if I can not figure out this combo prior to going.

Suggestion

It depends on where you want to go with the truck (how are you going to use the truck and how much power is your goal). You need a turbo to start cooling things down,.. way to high of EGTs for your scenario above. A really nice street truck at probably 550hp you could hit with your stock sticks, cp3 and say a 62/12 turbo. You could still pull very well with that also. Once you start going big hp then you're gonna get into things you can't imagine. Just a caution.

This is my weekend truck, 500-550 HP is more than enough, I just bought a true toy if I want more than that. I do tow with it, and am aware that a bigger turbo is needed, but I can not afford it currently. What do I need to change setting wise until I get a bigger charger? I am going to update my Smarty to a newer version to help lower EGT's, but what else should I do?

I think the truck would make more power if you turned the TST down. smarty on 8 and tst on 6 sounds like a rail drainer to me.

Yeah your problem is you have waaaay too much in terms of electronics for a stock turbo. 55psi will destroy your stocker and 1600 will take care of the rest. You have the clutch and fuel (sans a cp3) to run a TST up higher, i.e. 6x6 but that is by itself. Combining the TST and a Smarty is only going to lead you to draining the rail and overpowering the stock turbo. Get a turbo and a cp3 and you will be set.

Travis thats alot of Fuel for a stock Charger and it's over spinning it big time. The CR Smarty/TST Stack is a world of difference between a vp TST/Smarty Stack.

Most of the guys runnin the same setup as me 3.3, stg 2, mp8, tst, smarty, big charger, would run the smarty at 7 - 9 depending on timing and mp8 at 50% and the tst at 2/1 or 2/0 MAX. Now with the TNT program I pulled the smarty and dont touch the mp-8 until I wanna dyno. So lets just say you have a little too much programming.

Ok, so it sounds like I need to turn down the TST and set the boost limiter to 40# since I still have a stock charger. I was not aware that this stack was so powerful on a CR truck. I guess that I am set up now to need a bigger charger or two and modified cp3.

Back