does this sound like fair shop rate (hourly) on a 7.3?

6BT2500

hitman
hi my cousin has a 99 550 dump that was in need of some real help at 63000k
so i got lined up with a guy in town that worked on mainly 7.3 and ford trucks, he said he would do the job and have the trucks in a few weeks never stating a hourly rate. at the time the truck barlly ran needed injector o rings and a oil pan gasket . when he pulled the motor he put new exhaust manifolds, some misc o rings and gaskets, then proceded to break a new the ex manifold bolton instal in the head and destroying it. he did have a head in stock and ended charging like $300 for it and a gasket, he also did a water pump, starter, altenator, clutch, brakes and rotors 4 coners balljoints axle joints a few light bulbs and a strait pipe of the downpipe. 5.5 months later after last years plowing season is over he gets a call saying your trucks done and bring me 12,000 and change or the title today as he went along he was paid $2000 for parts this 12000 is after the 2000 dollors he claims to have charged 80 hours labor at $75 /hr are new ford dealers are only at $65/hr and the rest was parts talk about a rip off. so my cousin has been trying to reason with him and settle on a fair price but they act like they need no money. now the truck is missing and the kid is in jail his father won't tell us or the cops were the truck is and are magistrate only handles claims some were around 8 grand the magistrate says he gets alot of claims with this person and business. this is a bad situation to be in no truck, kids in jail, magistrate cant help now you need to get a laywer if anyone is in nepa and needs work don i can pm me and a can tell you the shop so you don't go there does this sound like fair money in the real world?

Last edited:
sounds more like a fight
fight back
hit hard and where it counts
dont let these crooks bully you around

I don't know about the Northeast, but here in Texas we typically have to have a signed work order authorizing the repairs. I have had someone stick me with a Jeep Tj we did a bunch of work on and the first thing I had to have to get a Mechanic's Lein was a signed work order. If your cousin didn't sign a work order authorizing the repairs, I would report it stolen. It may be different where you are. Jeremy.

That cat will probably place a lein on the truck for the remaining amount and end up owning the truck.

Get a Lawyer.

he picked up the truck llast week the kid has been out of the sausage house a few weeks we really needit the truck he did settle on $50 @hour on the labor at 80 hours that $25 adds up kick

Back