Does this sound right?

SilverBack76

Alright, I was talking to II yesterday and they said with my fueling that I could run a 62/74/14 and be cooler than what I have and spool better. Opinions? Thanks Brian

I dont see how it would spool better if it has a bigger turbine and bigger exhaust housing. You should gain a little bit of flow on the top end with the bigger exhaust wheel and bigger exhaust housing, but the lag will increase a bit. Probably not a whole lot, but definitely some.

Thats what I was thinking. I knew with a 74 it would be laggy but would it do that much better of a job keeping the temps down.

I have tried both turbos along with several other configurations and the silver bullet line definately spools better and also cools a bit better also. I have even tried different turbos of the same specs from different vendors. But the silver bullets still semm to spool better. But your converter setup will also make a big difference in spoolup as you may already know. But with the right converter, even the SB66 will spool really nice.

dont forget to mention a cam. got a hamilton cam in mine and the silver bullet spools like a stock turbo with the 14mm housing on it. and im running stock pump and injectors putting down over 500 hp to the wheels

Just hang an S480 under that dang thing and be done with it Bra!!!!

Come one Brian!!!!!:poke:

OH yeah, Get that Cam and we'll stick it in there as well....That'll help too!

NA keep the 64 and call up ED and have them build you a custom primary!!! Thats what im gonna do if I dont do a S475...

What kinda power you looking for and what is the truck gonna be used for??

NA keep the 64 and call up ED and have them build you a custom primary!!! Thats what im gonna do if I dont do a S475...

What kinda power you looking for and what is the truck gonna be used for??

He daily drives it mostly.....I don't think he tows at all....He just wants a street hot rod....

Yeah Brian, keep the 64 and use it on top of the S475 or 480....It'll Spool fine!! HighTechRam , EPA Violator, and Slowgo all have 64's in their twins set and it spools fine!!

I even thought of upgrading to a 64, but now Im buying a new motor instead!!!:bang:bang:bang

I have a silver 62/74/14. The turbo will not lite till about 1800rpm, makes about 55lbs with my setup (120sticks, FloorIt 2, Smarty TNTr, ATS 2pc Exh manifold). Although anything under that trying to keep constant speed up hill and my pyro gets up around 1250 or so and I still peg the 2000* mark on the pulling tracks.

He daily drives it mostly.....I don't think he tows at all....He just wants a street hot rod....

Yeah Brian, keep the 64 and use it on top of the S475 or 480....It'll Spool fine!! HighTechRam , EPA Violator, and Slowgo all have 64's in their twins set and it spools fine!!

I even thought of upgrading to a 64, but now Im buying a new motor instead!!!:bang:bang:bang

About covered it:Cheer: But I need to truck to be very streetable, I need it everyday for work. If Sam comes down to Jeff's I'll see if I can see how his drives. I am planning to put a Cam in (Swole's doing the work) So maybe that will make it better.

About covered it:Cheer: But I need to truck to be very streetable, I need it everyday for work. If Sam comes down to Jeff's I'll see if I can see how his drives. I am planning to put a Cam in (Swole's doing the work) So maybe that will make it better.

I had a Silver 62 for a good while before the turbo I have on the truck now. After a direct swap i concluded that the Silver didn't really spool as fast I thought it did.

The 64/71 spools a good 150 RPM faster than the 62, and it pulls harder in higher RPMs. Don't downgrade to a Silver 62 from what you have.

At some point you have to compare compressor flow. The 62 flows 65 lb/min the 64 flows 75 lb/min. This is a substantial difference when comparing the two turbos. And no way would I run a 62mm charger with Flux 3 injectors and a healthy dose of programmming. You'd be asking for trouble.

I run a 64 over HT3B and it spools great but mine is on a 01 but would think it would be better on a 3rd Gen. The 64 by itself was ok but put the 3B under it and its wicked

Back