Don't bring your 4wheeler or golf cart to Scheid's

bgilbert

VE Guy
Looks like this year, either the fairgrounds:rolleyes: or Scheid, is cracking down on the 4 wheeler and golf cart traffic within the facility. Only competitors with an approved sticker are allowed to have and use one, ie you have to pay to use it etc.

From Scheid's site: ATV's, Golf Carts, 4 wheelers, Ect will only be allowed if you have a competition vehicle and will only be allowed for use 2 hrs before and 2 hrs after the individual event being participated in, you will need a sticker showing it is a support vehicle. Violators will be subject to vehicle being impounded and/or expelled by fairgrounds security. Link: Diesel Extravaganza 2010

Just when I went out and got a golf cart just for this event:bang:hehe:..

They were getting a little thick in there the last few years.

Not sure why they would do this...its not like somebody wants to ratchet strap themselves into a golf cart and jump ditches or anything....or did someone try that last year?:hehe::woohoo:

I agree its a good rule. I couldnt stand it last year when they would come in on trailer like it was a fourwheeler ride instead of a truck pull. I had mine there last year in used it to get back in fort to the track in pits to add weight etc.

What brought this rule was it unsafe with atv's or where they just to numerous? It doesn't make me much differnts, schieds will be just more walking.

Good rule, overdue.

Only about 2000 guys to blame for this one, lol.:hehe:

A pit vehicle for pit use only is fine, when they start coming in on a trailer by themselves and no reason other than to make someone not have to walk that can walk fine any other day it is time to stop it. I go to a tractor show every year in Illinois and they adopted it you wanted to use a golf cart you had to pay a registration fee for it. No four wheelers other than for during the pulls on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night and only inside the pit area. If there is a medical reason to need one then that is fine, but being lazy is not a medical reason.

If there is a medical reason to need one then that is fine, but being lazy is not a medical reason.

Kind of like the guy with the handicap sticker that parks, gets out and sprints into the store. That really gravels my butt.

I dont know what the permit will cost but whatever it is it will be worth it to the people that actually use them. Hell you couldnt even hardly get a truck around with all them. We were sitting in the infeild bleachers when a kubota with 12 people and 3 coolers ran into the back of the bleachers and got the brushgaurd stuck underneath the bracing. If their hadnt been 12 drunk guys i wold have told them what kind of idiots they were.LOL

way overdue, rain, quads, testosterone and alcohol not a good mix in a crowded event.

So if I brought my hand controled teryx, would they kick me out because I can't walk? I mean, I'd have my wheelchair in the back even... Maybe I just need to be adopted by a pulling truck for the night? :D

Kind of like the guy with the handicap sticker that parks, gets out and sprints into the store. That really gravels my butt.

Subman, I agree with you too a point. My wife is totally disabled even though she does'nt look it. I get tired of the wise ass stares when when park in the handicapped parking. I'm in just about as bad of shape with arthritus that most people think it's for me. Don't be too quick to judge everyone, you may get an earful. Some people do take advantage of the stickers, but as for my wife and I there is a genuine need. If they won't allow our golfcart at Scheids race, then we will not be there. Gary

Good deal I watched some dude roll his razer like 2 or 3 times Sunday mid day last year drove over by him hand was bleedin asked if he was ok all I got was beer or someting that sounded like that it was about a 35-40mph roll

But it does suck that I got to walk this year o well

Back