door hinge and window repair!

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
my dads 98' dodge passenger window fell, i took the panel off and the there is one long arm that goes from track to track its still intact, but the two short arms that connect in the middle of the long one to form an X have came off, I put a bolt through the middle and the window still falls towards the front? any help?

Also, driver side door has a little up and down movement, is this the bushings? If so how do you get the factory pins out? cut them?

any help with this is appreciated

may need a new window regulator .. and or front or rear guide track .... is the glass bolted to the reg arm or glued in ???... i'm thinking reg is bad

Attachments

• P2020088.JPG
    P2020088.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 11
  • P2020087.JPG
    P2020087.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 18
another pic with the power reg ,,, or with power windows...

Attachments

• P2020089.JPG
    P2020089.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 7
i believe it's just glued,i already lifted the glass out!

the channel thats glued to the glass should unbolt from the reg ... the channel the glass sits in ,clean it well and use windshield urethane to glue it back

should bolt in ,,, may have to take the dash out to get to the top bolt ... just because of one damm bolt

I am refering to the pins in the hinges are they not replaceable?

o no,,, gota get the hinge assy .... can't just buy the pins like the chevy trucks or s-10's

Damn, I just seen this.

1. Get a new hinge, its easiest to take the door off to replace it.

2. From what your describing do what he said, just glue it. Or get us a pic

may need a new window regulator .. and or front or rear guide track .... is the glass bolted to the reg arm or glued in ???... i'm thinking reg is bad

Another pathways user I see. :rockwoot:

Damn, I just seen this.

1. Get a new hinge, its easiest to take the door off to replace it.

2. From what your describing do what he said, just glue it. Or get us a pic

Another pathways user I see. :rockwoot:

Window is repaired the regulator was broken where it pivots it broke so i ordered a new one, got it in today all is well!

I purchased a set of hinge repair kits off of LMC Truck for mine.

so how do you install them? how do you get the old pins out?

mods please rename to Door hinge repair, window is fixed

so how do you install them? how do you get the old pins out?

I would assume cut them out and the new ones are bolts with a bushing that makes them the correct size.

I honestly didn't get them in yet because ran out of time and had to get back to college after new paint.

The reason I bought them is my doors have sagged about an inch. I was told even after I put in the new pins I might have to have a body shop "tweak" the door with a setup they can bolt to the door then lift it to set it back. I will be tackling that problem here soon.

Back