Double Din head unit with Nav?

no he doesnt..but doug does..and his truck is loud too..i have talked to him wheil he was using it..and it worked great

Really....good to know :D

I still don't know if I want another Pioneer though LOL

like I said before..the Z1 is by far the BEST unit that Pioneer has ever created..

X2 on the Z1, i just installed one in a buddies dually. very nice piece of equipment!

Went to tweeter....looked at the Pioneer Avic-Z1 and the Alpine IVA-W200. Also looked at the Alpine BlackBird Nav, and they have a DVD ROM based Navi.
So we stood there and pushed a lot of buttons on everything :D
The BlackBird is pretty cool, very easy to use. But, not as quick as the DVD ROM based Nav for Alpine. The DVD ROM one also has 3million more POI, you can sort restaurants by price, decor, service, etc...

Nice sales manager at Tweeter and all.....but we really didn't need him since I gained more info from my friend who was with me and has used both the Alpine and Pioneer LOL

Now I'm definately leaning towards the Alpine with the DVD ROM Navi...maybe the bluetooth module as well.

N2 bypass is easy and noone should try and solder it can ruin your unit

First off you will need to purchase a circuit writer pen. You can purchase them at most electronic supply stores. The ink, or paint, inside the pen is electrically conductive and it will work perfectly for what we are going to use it for.

Once you have the pen, you need to take the AVIC-N2 head-unit (not the brain) and turn it upside down. On the bottom of the unit you will see a silver sticker approximately 1” by ½.” Remove this sticker, and you will see two small circuit board contacts.

You are going to connect the above two contacts with the circuit writing pen. Make sure that you shake the pen well and test it on paper first to ensure that you get a good flow of ink and to familiarize yourself with the size and thickness of the line that you are going to be “writing.”

It is VERY important that you connect ONLY the two small contacts with the ink from the pen. Do NOT let the writing from the pen touch the metal strip above the contacts as it will ruin your unit. That metal strip and the metal of the head-unit chassis is the cause of many defective units from people using the soldering technique. I have personally had to replace three AVIC-N2’s due to improper placement of the solder drop. Fortunately I work in the mobile audio industry and the cost of the units did not come out of my pocket.

Please be very careful when you do this. I can’t stress this enough. It is very easy to do, but one slip can ruin your unit, and I (and you!) do not want you to ruin your Pioneer. Once you take off the sticker you will see how small the area is that you are working with, and understand how difficult it would be to use solder.

That is all there is to it! Once the contacts are joined with the ink from your pen all you need to do is reconnect your unit and it will no longer automatically shut the video off once your speed reaches 15mph +. You will still have to ensure that your parking brake wire is connected to a switch so you can trick the unit into thinking that the car is parked.

let me know if you need another AVIC bypass

The solder can ruin the unit.....if you don't do it properly :D

But the circuit writer pen is easier and cleaner....along with the fact that it's removable.

I have a brand new in the box Eclipse AVN 5500 that I might sell. Insurance replaced my other one when my truck got broke into a few weeks ago and i got this one. Haven't put it in and probably won't anytime soon. Touch screen DVD/Navi/CD,mp3 player and all that jazz.

Back