Drag Brakes

adamsmarshall

Drilling Crooked Holes
I did a quick search and didn't find anything related so figured I'd ask.

While the likelyhood that I'll ever go to 9" is slim to none I got to wondering about brake rating while browsing the other night.

Dual caliper Aerospace Components brake kits show that they're rated for cars under 3000lbs. On this rating, is this assuming running only rear brakes or is this taking into consideration running fronts also?

I know some of the prostreet guys run these brakes and they're at 4500lbs but I'm not sure what they're running for front brakes either.

So for lets say a 5500lb truck if one was to going to 9" housings, would these brakes work effectively?!

I did a quick search and didn't find anything related so figured I'd ask.

While the likelyhood that I'll ever go to 9" is slim to none I got to wondering about brake rating while browsing the other night.

Dual caliper Aerospace Components brake kits show that they're rated for cars under 3000lbs. On this rating, is this assuming running only rear brakes or is this taking into consideration running fronts also?

I know some of the prostreet guys run these brakes and they're at 4500lbs but I'm not sure what they're running for front brakes either.

So for lets say a 5500lb truck if one was to going to 9" housings, would these brakes work effectively?!

Aerospace is what I used on Diesel Powers Project X diesel/ Call Scott out there , he does custom brakes

the nine inch is as strong as you need on a two wheel drive with thick axle tubes

I like to run a lot of ratio. in Project X, I ran 4.56 to 4.88 gears with the 395 45 17's and it never hurt a part except when some one assambled it with a factory type crush sleave. the gearing helps move the mass, and acts as a passive traction control, by letting the tire come back under the truck when they spin.

My assumption would be the <3000 includes fronts as well. I'm going back to Josh King @ Autofab to order my Strange rear brakes since he's helped me out with my crazy deadlines in the past.

That would be my assumption also, just had me curious about it after reading it. They make kits for 4000lb and such, just something I'd never really thought about.

Scott out there does so much one off custom stuff its really neat to talk to him. I will text you his back line number. He is also getting in to diesel as his own ride

Back