drag comp issues

torqueman

Have any of u guy's running drag comp ever had issues with motor breaking up and sputtering on wot runs.I'm thinking it has to be electrical just assuming its the drag.I had the truck into a 13.50 quarter and since then I've upgraded to a spearco intercooler & a helix 2 cam & springs.This weekend I ran the truck & all I got was a 14.04 & also upgraded from mach 3's to 5's since my best run.............Thanx Mark

You sure you didn't pull a wire lose on the can connection while changing the intercooler?

I'll check the connections tomorrow.Has anyone ever experienced interference from where u have it powered from.This all started when I had my pioneer nav/stereo system put in.I've been trying dif. power supplies but no change.Finally I hooked right off battery positive and figured I fixed it but still doing the same.........

I'm betting your problem is caused by static. Wrap the alternator wires in foil.

Well cummins724 I guess I'll try your isolator on electrical system.Sent u paypal last night.Will let u know if works.......Thanx Mark......

I have experienced this exact problem, and I about pulled my hair out trying to fix it. At the time, I was 100% positive I had a solid VP wire tap. Well....I was wrong. The wire tap was terrible, and I replaced it with a stealth cover. Problem solved.

If you have a stealth cover already, recheck the wire and the tap. Also. clean the crap out of the ground and reconnect.

Actually coon smile I took my cover off and saudered it direct to the wire just to make sure it was getting a good connection.But I will check the ground...Where did u hook your ground to.Thanx Mark.........

Well I got my isolator from cummins724 and put it on and no change.What next guy's......

My buddy is having the same exact problem you are having so im anxious to see what you find out. We're kinda scratching our heads on this one too.

Well I tried messing with sub levels to see if it would make a difference and setting the sub level at four it seemed better.No track times just seat of the pants.Maybe 01smoker u can get your buddy to try his and see if it makes a diff 4 him.I'd really like to know why sub levels would make a diff.Thanx.........

Well I've been taking all my connectors apart and cleaning all the dialectic grease off them.It almost seems better but haven't got a chance to really test yet maybe today........

Well I took truck out today with the g-tech since I cleaned connectors and it ran a 13.20 at 100 mph.What ever I've done seems to be working.I'm thinking it was cleaning the grease out of the connector's that did it......It didn't have nothing to do with sub-levels like I thought........Hey 01smoker get your buddy to spray out all connections with a spray cleaner worked 4 me......

Last time the gtech said I ran a 13.2 at 100, I went to the track and ran 12.5

try calling edge they have helped me a bunch in the past and even updated my software

I told him about changing the sub levels the other day but I havent talked to him since. I will try to get ahold of him today and tell him about cleaning the connectors.

Talked to him yesterday. He cleaned all the connections and now its running great again! Thanks for the help and ideas torqueman.

Right on 01smoker I'm glad it worked for your buddy to.I know I've been chasing this demon for awhile now and with suggestions from other members and trying dif things we got er done.......Thanx alot guys..........

Back