Drag truck exhaust

LOL it's cool I've been to tons of Pro Street Diesel races and quick Diesel and no Pro Street around these parts use them they look for as much weight loss as possible.

Haven't seen a triple turbo in the quick diesel classes I understand why they use twin exhaust piping though.

Posted from the IPhone while driving with my knees in the wrong lane.

Said it was a 2013 build?

How about this if you want twin stacks?

Seen a 1/2 ton F150 with stacks like that. It was a 2wd and a V6. Hideous looking lol.

The last thing I would be concerned about when building a Super Street or Pro Street truck would be the weight of the exhaust. I would build the exhaust whatever way suits your style for looks and function.

Most of the fastest Super Street trucks are in Alberta, and some even have single stacks!!!

If you're talking pure function at minimum weight, bring it straight up from the inside of the frame rail. Use the lightest material you can find.

102_0900.jpg

That's bad ass!

I'm not set on dual stacks. I've had a single for years. I just want something a little different. Weight doesn't matter either. It's not hard to get down to 6k. I might even have to add weight somewhere. We'll see after the cage work is all done.

And the little red express has dual stacks too. :poke:

If the weight of an extra stack concerns a person, go take a crap before the race and you'll lighten up the trucks weight. Or you could chop off a leg. That's good for about a 20lb weight reduction as well.

If the weight of an extra stack concerns a person, go take a crap before the race and you'll lighten up the trucks weight. Or you could chop off a leg. That's good for about a 20lb weight reduction as well.

Let me guess, your Truck has truck Nuts and tow mirrors out? :doh:

Whats up boys and girls?

Family business and life in general has kept me busy. Also in 08 I got in a serious relationship (yes I know better now) with a woman that had two boys. The serious dragracing was kind of frowned upon.

I had stepped away from diesel performance for a living and in doing so it really hurt the diesel racing budget.

Once the crazy came out, I stepped away from the relationship and built a few crazy toys, my cts-v was around 800rwhp, built a couple turbo bikes- one around 380-400rwhp another at 550rwhp. Started racing the truck a bit and just enjoying making a little side money on the street with her.

I still have the little black truck and ran it a bit getting some great times out of her. But, since I wasn't able to make national events anymore I didn't post up about it.

I parked it for a while again after I tore up a few pricey parts (that's the game) and am looking to get back to it all.

You guys know me, when I do it; I do it big. Ha ha ha.

Good to be back.

Now back to your previously scheduled thread.

~Wes~

Last edited:
As far as weight on stacks being a concern, its really not. My take on exhaust on a race truck is this: don't put unnecessary parts on the truck; if it needs duals then go with it, if it only needs a single then stick with it.

I'm not actually a stack person, but on the race truck it serves multiple purposes.

1. For the safety of people in the stands and track officials, a turbo vehicle should have a vertical exit exhaust. Either straight up or straight down. Even having cross bolts in the down pipe a wheel could sneak by and shoot into the crowd with a horizontal exit.

2. Concerning vertical exit: a down ward pointing exhaust would soak the track with oil if you blow a turbo or seal. Also if the exhaust were dumped before the rear axle, it would oil down your rear tires and bad things would happen.

3. A stack keeps the smoke from obscuring the timing lights. Us "old timers" in the diesel game all remember the vegas drags between Diesel Dynamics and Jim Fuller (not Jim Fulmer for all you youngins, he's a different legend)

Here's why I run a stack

[ame="http://s81.photobucket.com/user/Garret83/media/Houston%20DHRA%2007/Abby%20DHRA%2007/SpooledCrop.jpg.html"]SpooledCrop.jpg Photo by Garret83 | Photobucket[/ame]

Welcome back Wes....I should have called you a few years ago and tried to buy your truck....LOL

You should have. Now these dang things are too common. :Cheer:

But I remember when I first showed pics of mine in 07 or so; everyone thought I was nuts for building a "street" truck this way. It was the first street legal and street-able back half truc (read-does not overheat, passes roadside inspections etc).

I finally went back to 5" normal Tail pipe. I love it on the street (sleeper) but I smoked out all the track staff at Little River, so I'm going to build a quick change stack setup. They help a lot at the track, and make it where you can actually see trucks down the track.

I'm running a single 4" stack. Simple and clean. I originally had it exiting in the factory location but after doin the suspension I had to go with a stack.

Back