Drake finally does it!!!! 9.78

9's on fuel in a 6400lb truck is the most impressive thing on this internet

Drakes truck is only at 6400 lbs? quad cab long bed? i know he has that bed on it but i would still think it was higher like around 7k. Anyone know his race weight for sure?

I was at the track Friday night here in Las Vegas. There was a "stock" 2005 Quad Cab Short Bed 2wd running 15.1's at 91 MPH. I didn't believe the truck was stock so I convinced the guy to weigh it at the track: 7105 without driver. (Needless to say, his truck was running some sort of 90ish HP tune from a previous owner). For reference, I also weighed my 98' 12 valve 4x4 Quad Cab Long Bed: 6790 without driver and 1/3 tank of fuel (12 gallons to be exact).

In short, Drake either has cut out a bunch of unnecessary weight, or his truck weighs at least 7300 lbs.

ya when i has my 06 quad cab regular cab with a 6inch lift a 35's. i brang it to sears and there lift couldnt lift my truck and the dude said the lift maxed out at 8k.

I was at the track Friday night here in Las Vegas. There was a "stock" 2005 Quad Cab Short Bed 2wd running 15.1's at 91 MPH. I didn't believe the truck was stock so I convinced the guy to weigh it at the track: 7105 without driver. (Needless to say, his truck was running some sort of 90ish HP tune from a previous owner). For reference, I also weighed my 98' 12 valve 4x4 Quad Cab Long Bed: 6790 without driver and 1/3 tank of fuel (12 gallons to be exact).

In short, Drake either has cut out a bunch of unnecessary weight, or his truck weighs at least 7300 lbs.

Seems the truck weights are all over the map. I weighed my 12v (reg cab 4x4), it was 7300 lbs. with myself, my tools (200 lbs) and a 1/3 tank fuel. My truck is as base as it gets, other than tilt/cruise/AC. My 2wd dually (quad cab) weighed in at 6960. That was a couple years back. I was in it, same amount of fuel, but no tools.

I have the same truck as you and usually weigh in around 7300 with 3/4 tank. But I also have a g/n hitch, speaker box under the seat, 20's/35's and some other odds and ends, So I can see it adding up around the same. I agree though, I thought that sounded extremely light when I read it.

ok guys. it wieghs 6400. dropped 200 out of the bed, tailgate, rear bumper, no seats other than a race seat, and a few other not necessary things like mirrors etc.. still wieghs 6400 witch is not light but running a 9.78= bad azz any wiegh you look at it..

ok guys. it wieghs 6400. dropped 200 out of the bed, tailgate, rear bumper, no seats other than a race seat, and a few other not necessary things like mirrors etc.. still wieghs 6400 witch is not light but running a 9.78= bad azz any wiegh you look at it..

We're not knocking the time in any way. Just amazed it weighs that little, seems like it should be more.

Lots of weight taken out....check out the aluminum bed floor.....

1103dp_15_o+1103dp_1000hp_cummins_shootout_high_tech_vs_old_school+m_and_h_nostalgia_slicks.jpg

Truck actually is 6500 lbs with me in it, but it still took 1140hp at the tires to make that pass. I hope in the next week or so it'll be in the 9.50's on fuel!!! Then maybe lil:nos: will see:evil

Has anyone actually pulled a fender off a 3rd gen VS a second gen? The sheet metal is freaking thin compared to a 2nd gen!

Truck actually is 6500 lbs with me in it, but it still took 1140hp at the tires to make that pass. I hope in the next week or so it'll be in the 9.50's on fuel!!! Then maybe lil:nos: will see:evil

Drake, your truck is awesome, no if's and's or but's about it!

It looks like you're still running a heavy full leaf pack in the rear, I'm sure you could pull out at least one leaf, maybe all but one if you add air bags.

I have a transmission question or three: How many frictions in the front direct clutch pack(stock 48re is 5)? How many frictions in the rear forward clutch pack (stock 48re is 4)? And how many overdrive brake clutch frictions (stock 48re is 5)?

And finally, what has been the most common failure in your hundreds of broken transmission parts?

Thanks.

Great job Drake ! That is impressive for that heavy of truck to be running that fast. And on fuel to boot. That is some serious HP !! Congrats and keep pushing it. It will be interesting to see just how far you can go on fuel with it.

it prolly does wiegh 6500 now.. you have gotten comfy now that you have a real women huh drake..:lolly:

Adam says it weighs 6400
Drake says 6500 with him it

Both are correct, Drake weighs 100lbs

Sorry couldn't resist Brah LOL

BBD

Back