drilling head for intake manifold

fordcummins1992

boost guy
how do you know where you can safely drill the head once the intakes been machined off for a intake runner

I'm guessing the OP is thinking on fabbing his own intake, so he won't be getting a diagram from the intake maker... Am I right fordcummins? If not, just get ahold of whoever you're getting your manifold from and they'll set you up.

If you buy Hellmanns intake, he gives you the template to drill and tap the head

there was a link on ZZ Fabrications website that was the install instructions for the manifolds. There is a drilling template on there

Greg from zz will email ya the print

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

The print is on Greg’s site , this is the best lay out after a lot of research, Greg has over a 100 manifolds on order at any one time so he doesn’t mind selling just the face plate either.
You do get what you pay for thou, when all of the big puller engine shops buy his latest manifolds. Its usual best to go with a proven part.

Here is his page that has the link to the print; he offers so many different manifolds for every application, it’s easy to see why Hasiley, Schieds Industrial Injection and enterprise, engines use his manifolds
ZZ Custom Fabrication

The print is on Greg’s site , this is the best lay out after a lot of research, Greg has over a 100 manifolds on order at any one time so he doesn’t mind selling just the face plate either.
You do get what you pay for thou, when all of the big puller engine shops buy his latest manifolds. Its usual best to go with a proven part.

Here is his page that has the link to the print; he offers so many different manifolds for every application, it’s easy to see why Hasiley, Schieds Industrial Injection and enterprise, engines use his manifolds
ZZ Custom Fabrication

Im just a little curious, while we are on the subject. What kind of benefits are there in running such a manifold?

FWIW: I heard of one head that came out of ZZ's shop that had a little mistake in the drilling and tapping of a few of the bolts. What did they do to fix it? Silicone baby!

FWIW: I heard of one head that came out of ZZ's shop that had a little mistake in the drilling and tapping of a few of the bolts. What did they do to fix it? Silicone baby!

And I have a Hellman fuel sump that has tool chatter marks all over it so i guess anyone can have a bad day.

2011-02-12_12-38-49_447.jpg

ordered my flange from ZZ, 1/2 thick, for 75$

also easy to get replacement gaskets for it, got a solid copper gasket from Haisley

2011-02-12_12-38-49_447.jpg

ordered my flange from ZZ, 1/2 thick, for 75$

also easy to get replacement gaskets for it, got a solid copper gasket from Haisley

Good looking part. I know Greg talks with Haisley almost daily. I see a lot of on kill parts in development at Greg’s , some he doesn't let any cameras around.
There are a lot of copy cats trying to do it a dollar cheaper, but Greg's next manifold is always better than his last.
Something you can't do when you have a CNC machine spitting out the same part
Here is one I could take a picture of it’s a one of a kind extreme 2.6 individual runner manifold that is contiguous from the valve seat to the plenum.
This is a 6.7 bore head that flows more than any CR head Greg has ever ported just over 300 cfm .

And if someone wants to complain about me cheerleading for ZZ, I am only cheerleading for the best.

333450_3333540773167_543887461_o.jpg

416267_3330502257206_1765231376_o.jpg

looks like a cross between a Hellmann intake and a individual runner...didn't you talk trash about Hellmann's when it first came out?

Yes I did and I still feel the same about it.

It’s made to just fit a market, in my opinion it doesn’t not address the line of sight of the front and back port.
Greg has made many gains in the last years, and he makes gains on a daily basis.

If you want bling by all means, his is neat looking, but if your goal is performance then ZZ is the absolute best money can buy.

as to the manifold in question
The manifold is very advanced; it’s square so as to not show off the entire trick tune able features.
Greg builds many unique and purpose built pieces

The manifold is very advanced; it’s square so as to not show off the entire trick tune able features.

Tuneable features? It's a chunk of aluminum. Will it cook me breakfast in the morning? How about do my homework? Will it help me with my 'race program' and make my dragster the fastest on the planet?

Tuneable features? It's a chunk of aluminum. Will it cook me breakfast in the morning? How about do my homework? Will it help me with my 'race program' and make my dragster the fastest on the planet?

If it can do that, ill take 1. LOL

There are advanced taper in the runners, and the ability to change that, or to shorten the runners division.

Here is a pic of ZZ's recent tapered runner plenum. for a 24V ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343823076.077142.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1343823142.244912.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1343823005.910016.jpg

Back