Drive Pressure Gauge

12vfleet

beCummin broke
For those of you that are running drive pressure gauges, is 6' of copper tubing (Autometer 3224) enough length to cool the temps to be able to plumb the nylon line included with the boost gauges directly to?

I would use something other than Autometer's copper tubing kit. Mite got brittle and broke at the manifold fitting. But yes I had about 6' of that tubing into nylon with no issues there.

I ran coiled copper to a fuel filter for soot, then copper over to brake booster, then went nylon into the cab to the gauge. I picked up a 2" air pressure gauge with a rear hookup from Ace hardware and put it in to a steering wheel pod. Everyone says the soot will kill a gauge so I spent $8 instead of $60.

I would use something other than Autometer's copper tubing kit. Mite got brittle and broke at the manifold fitting. But yes I had about 6' of that tubing into nylon with no issues there.

Thanks for the input. I will just hit up the harware store then for tubing and fittings. Did you ever have to blow soot out of the line back into the manifold with no filter?

Nope. But my CR with 90's at the time might be different than your 12v and 5x.015's. I had the copper tube run up to the firewall grommet, then nylon from there to the gauge.

Of course. I'll go without a filter first and if needed get a universal fuel filter to plumb inline. Thanks K80. Been shooting any?

Well our winter league has one more shoot, then a shoot off on feb. 24. Then ATA starts shortly after in March. Just wish I had more time and money for reloading. Lol.

I'm going to use 1/4" copper tubing. Has anyone used brake line or would it not hold up to the temps?

The autometer tubing is 1/8 which may be part of why mine broke.

I ran 1/8" and it was only about 3' of coiled copper to nylon line, didn't clog over the course of a pulling season.

Back