Drive pressure gauge?

sstockton

How are you guys setting up your drive pressure gauges? I'm going to be installing my twins soon and want to monitor drive pressure when I do this. I figured a normal 60psi boost gauge should do the trick since I'm running small turbos and not a lot of fuel, but how do you guys get the exhaust to cool down enough to not melt the gauge? I was thinking a coiled copper line or something of that nature, does that sound like it would work? Also, if I go this route, do I have to worry about the diameter of the line, a larger line would effect pressure because it has more volume, but how much will it effect it? I'm not thinking a huge line, just if it isn't the exact same size as the line supplied will it make much difference.
Thanks,
Sean

The one I'm borrowing now just screws into the EGT probe fitting in my manifold and is just a copper line screwed into the back of a gauge. The gauge is a couple of years old and so far it's held up just fine.

Pressure is pressure, the line will pressurize to the same total pressure as the manifold no matter what size it is so long as the guage or line doesn't leak. Now a really big line will make the gauge a bit laggy, but shouldn't be to bad. I would do copper all the way to the gauge, it will dissipate heat well enough to keep the gauge from frying.

You can use a copper fuel line kit. Get about 3ft of it and coil it up. You can connect you nylon boost line to that with a union and connect the nylon line to the gauge. This is how I did mine.

Back