Drive Pressure Gauge

madmikeismad

So mad
Never actually seen one set up. I'm assuming they have to go in the exh manifold. What kind of hose do you use that won't melt from EGT's?

you need a copper line coiled up so the soot doesnt get to the gauge, companies sell kits for this

I just made one, here are some pics. I coiled the 1/4" copper line around a paint can, it acts as a (heat sink), I got some fittings to go from 1/4 copper to EGT plug, then put a fuel filter on it to collect soot, then converted it to plastic to run up to the cab, my set up is a temp setup to tune twins.

P9190048.jpg

P9190047.jpg

P9190046.jpg

P9190045.jpg

P9190044.jpg

you need a copper line coiled up so the soot doesnt get to the gauge, companies sell kits for this

The coil is for dissipating heat so your nylon boots line doesn't melt, you need a small filter to catch the soot.

I used 1/8" copper from the manifold (about 3') coiled. Then coupled it to the nylon line that came with the 100psi Stewart Warner boost gauge. I have no filter and it worked great for about a year. I figured it was the gauge that was plugged but it ended up being the copper line. It was plugged solid so I recommend 1/4" copper before the nylon.

Im installing the ED ext gate, where do I run the
two lines coming off gate.

Im installing the ED ext gate, where do I run the
two lines coming off gate.

if you are using exhaust drive reference, I've seen drive plumbed to top & boost plumbed to bottom port.

I am currently tuning around with throttled boost to top port & vented to atmosphere to bottom port with both springs installed.

Im pluming gate into down pipe.
What do I do with with 2 fittings
on housing. where do I run both lines.

Im pluming gate into down pipe.
What do I do with with 2 fittings
on housing. where do I run both lines.
I have a different brand wastegate but I ran both fittings into the intake horn with copper line. Full boost to the bottom fitting and the top one gets boost through a small regulator. So if I want higher total boost I just allow more pressure to the top by turning the regulator up a little which helps the spring hold the gate closed. Follow me? It's kind of hard to describe but really simple if you see it.:what:

Back