driveline shutter???

campNride

I have have been having a problem with my truck that when I am cruising down the freeway and let off of the gas I get a very distinct vibration. I only notice it at speed over say 50mph. As soon as I give it gas again it goes away. Is that the torque converter or is it something to do with my driveline? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

By the way the truck is a 98.5 2500 4x4 ext cab that is stock.

could also be a ujoint or in a few cases, you lost a tooth or two of your ring gear.

Lavon

I was leaning towards my U joint and the driveshaft carrier bearing like you all just mentioned because that is basically the only thing I haven't changed. I looked at my rear diff gears about a month ago and they all looked good with nothing missing or damaged. Thanks for your inputs and reaffirming my thoughts.

Well the winner was the rear U Joint. Come to find out I was checking it wrong and my buddy told me to put it in neutral to check. Yes I am a newby... The needle bearings were gone all the way around and it was pretty banged up. Probably wouldn't have lasted much longer. Thanks again for your inputs.

Back