Drivetrain loss?

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Just curious; anybody know what the hp loss from crank to wheel hp is on the d'maxes? In other words 800rwhp=(??) crank hp??
thanks
Jason

800 would probably = 704 HP........ just a guess

Edit: I read that wrong. 800 RWHP would probably = 906 crank HP. This is with an Allison transmission. ....just an estimate.

Last edited:
Were getting about 20% loss at stock levels. Not sure how bad it would be at the higher HP levels. We get alot less loss with the stick shifts. Slower in the 1/4 but alot better on the dynos with the same compairable set up as a truck with a Allison.

I think on average its about 17% with a 2WD and 20 %with a 4WD.But different configurations willmake different %'s

JJeepyjohn said:
I think on average its about 17% with a 2WD and 20 %with a 4WD.But different configurations willmake different %'s

I agree with these numbers

Sound about right. Wonder what my dual drive shaft (carrier bearing), dual rear wheels CC LB 4wd auto cause it to lose? Inertia weight? Best dyno I've done at stocker levels is 218hp up hear at 5000ft elevation. I know the type of auto trans effects it also. That's what we see on average with the dmax and allison on a EC and CC SBs. Most low landers dyno 240hp or so at sea level on the stock 300hp LB7s with 4wd autos. OOHH! Stock. I don't think I like that word.

Thanks guys!!! 20% loss isn't bad for an auto :ylsuper: Appreciate the info!

Back