Drop in RPM

NOLL5.9CR

MoPower
It’s an 07 5.9l 6 speed manual trans. For instance, say I’m rolling up to a stop sign and take the truck out of gear the rpm’s will drop about 200 for split second and come back up. I just done an injector dual cp3 and and turbo swap off my other truck onto this one. Runs fine just annoying that it’s never done that before the swap.

I sometimes have an odd idle or stumble sitting at lights but I can’t really see it on the tachometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tach has done this for close to 70k miles now. Nothing to worry about, other than the gauge itself is going bad. My tach is never correct anymore, it is between 700 low and 700 high, depending on how it feels at the current moment in time. Get used to driving the truck by sound, or learn how to convert MPH to RPM depending on gear.

My 06 had the issue with the tach being all over the place, which I took the cluster out and soddered the connections to fix that problem. But I can hear the engine drop down as well (if that’s the proper way to decribe it) when it drops the Rpms for that split second.

Back