dt360 performance ?s

swamp_ratt

Snootchie Bootchies
Alright guys, just bought a p-pump dt360 and want to know a good way to make some nasty power. Was thinking building the pump, injectors, cam, and compound turbos, valve springs and push rods. Where is a good place to look at parts for these engines besides hypermax?

The p pump should use most parts available for cummins p-pump. Injectors can be built by a good shop. I'm guessing you can size the turbos similarly to a 5.9 since they are almost identical displacement inline 6's

A p-pumped 360? I thought they had a A, or MW pump.
Yes, size the turbos as if it's a Cummins, but they use a T4 to bolt the small turbo on, not a T3 like a dodge. It may not make the booost numbers a Dodge does, but that's because it's actually flowing more air.

Sorry, i relate inline pumps to p-pumps. Not shure why. Anyway, i seen that it was t4 mount. I like air flow vs boost. I know boost isnt necessarily a good thing (unlike a lot of people)

Any pics. Curious about this motor but I have read there tight for power.

I dont have pics and its at my friends house a ways a way. There is plenty of pics on google images. Looks just like an inline pump dt466 but smaller. I also might be picking up a dt408

Im curious what the bottom end of the DT360 will take? What about max RPM on the stock valvetrain?

I know the bottom end takes a lot. Also according to hypermax the stock head bokts will hold 300psi boost. I dont know the truth to that, but it is hypermax tyat claims it

I dont see any way it could take that much. but hell it might.

I read on another forum that the max rpm on these is 3600 before you start floating valves.

hot rod service truck

Built me a hot rod service truck pushin 250+ hp but found it only has 16.7:1 comp need a source for aftermarket pistons

If anyone needs dt360 parts I've got one with a rod thru the side of the block. Have good head and pump few other items

myself I think its best performance would be as a boat anchor.....as long as the boat is not too big. ran DT and DTA 466 in a tandem truck, couldn't hold 55 against a good breeze, slow acceleration and lousy fuel mileage. they ended up buying a KW with a 350 cat, and 2 axle trailer. roughly 2.5 times the payload, same fuel mileage, and far better drivability. durable yeah powerful no

I came from phoenix to houston with this load at 70 mph no problem and got a little over 6mpg weighing about 55000#:snoop:

Attachments

• 2012-1.jpg
    2012-1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2012-2.jpg
    2012-2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
myself I think its best performance would be as a boat anchor.....as long as the boat is not too big. ran DT and DTA 466 in a tandem truck, couldn't hold 55 against a good breeze, slow acceleration and lousy fuel mileage. they ended up buying a KW with a 350 cat, and 2 axle trailer. roughly 2.5 times the payload, same fuel mileage, and far better drivability. durable yeah powerful no
Sounds like it needed some tuning. More fuel and timing would have made a different truck out of it. No need to buy a whole other truck because the factory settings made it slow.

granted the ones we used were 85 models, so all mechanical. our trucks weighed in around 50,000. now when the cat numbers came in at 2.5times as many tons(payload) per mpg, there just wasn't any comparison. back then there wasn't much going on for turning up working trucks. stock to stock the 466 just didn't put out.

Not stock
my service trk weighs in at 22k and it gets 12mpg around town with a 13spdand its keeping up with traffic

Back