DT466E convert to P7100.

RonA

Is it as easy to convert a DT466E to P7100 as it is to do a p-pump conversion on a 24V Cummins?

There are parts available to make this happen such as the hub required to mount on the front of pump. The boys at wipeout had one a while back if I remember correctly.

It's good to have a donor engine, due to the parts needed. Yes, basically the same difficulty as Ppumping a 24V.

-head, with valve cover
-injectors
-pump with gear(95-97 is better chance of being a 7100, not a 3000).
-high and low pressure fuel lines
-timing case

Last edited:
Wasn't there a few that had a factory p pump? I swear I've seen them at junk yards.
Yes, thats my note of looking for the 95-97, because those are most likely to have the 7100 pump. The late 93 to late 94 will have a P3000.
When shopping in bone yards, look for the designation of DT466NGD or DT466P. You will need to get the pump also, since they are a Left rotation. Cant use a Cummins pump on this generation of 408/466/530. But the Cummins pump is what you need for the older 466 and 360.

I've got a good friend that builds diesel pulling tractors that could answer that. Probably knows where to find the used parts as a lot of the ones he works on are almost all aftermarket blocks and heads. You back on building a dyno driver?

Back