dtc codes and clicking noise

strokin6.0

i just got done installing a fass fuel system, new uppipe and a full egr delete kit. i had a few problems getting the truck to start back up and once it did there is this clicking noise, not exactly sure where it is coming from. the codes it threw at me were p2290, p2614, and p2617. the truck ran perfectly fine before the repairs with no problems. it idles fine, but the clicking worsens when you give it some throttle. has anyone had this happen before? any advice would be greatly appreciated. i don't want to send it in to the shop if i don't have to.

The clicking noise is possibly an exhaust leak froom the uppipe install. Sometimes it's really hard to get it to seal back correctly without loosening and repositioning the pipes. As far as your codes go, I think the 2290 is an ICP code, 2614 and 17 are cam and crank position sensor codes. I'd clear them, run the truck and see if it's not just BS from a hard start. I've gotten those after similar repairs and they never come back. The 6.0 CPS is virtually bulletproof except for the occassional o-ring leak. I only know of one actually going bad. You can check the DTC table at the top of this forum for a more detailed explanation of what they are.

thanks. yea the truck idles great. and that clicking just gets louder as the rpms go up. i was beginning to think the uppipe gasket as well. could the codes be from the rough start?

I got the same clicking noise when I did my up-pipe install. Had a buddy move it around a little while I tighten is down. No problems since.

Back