DTT Shift Enhancer HELP

Pickles

Reads too much
I just got done installing my DTT shift enhancer, the instructions say cut the orange wire on the 5 wire pressure actuator sensor, well I have 6 wires on mine and when I tapped the 2 wires from the enhancer into it I couldn't get out of 1st gear and I had code P1749, what am I doing wrong? Thank you!

I believe the plug was a 6 pin plug, but there were only 5 wires on it. You want the orange wire that I beleve is on pin 1 (sorry, it has been a while since I did mine, and I am trying to operate from memory). Make sure you connect the wires correctly. After you cut the wire I think the orange wire went toward the transmission and the purple went toward the ECM. Maybe that will be of some assistance, or maybe call DTT in the morning.

I believe the plug was a 6 pin plug, but there were only 5 wires on it. You want the orange wire that I beleve is on pin 1 (sorry, it has been a while since I did mine, and I am trying to operate from memory). Make sure you connect the wires correctly. After you cut the wire I think the orange wire went toward the transmission and the purple went toward the ECM. Maybe that will be of some assistance, or maybe call DTT in the morning.

What he said ....orange to trans side

I did call them, I told them my plug was six wires, they said use pin 1, which is the orange one on mine, it may also be a purple one too, did you guys notice a big difference when it worked?

mine seemed to shift a little more "appropriately" when running a programmer. I guess you could say with the increased pressure it causes it to "shift" from gear to gear instead of "slush" from gear to gear.

No not really it is mainly a supporting mod helps with trans life
Not really, It controls line pressure rise on the VB. It works in the same way the TV cable worked on the old truck. The shift enhancer is programmable so it it like being able to adjust the TV cable. It just gives us more control than we would ever have since we cant really get into the ECM as of yet.

mine seemed to shift a little more "appropriately" when running a programmer. I guess you could say with the increased pressure it causes it to "shift" from gear to gear instead of "slush" from gear to gear.

Read above. The "more positive" shift you feel is due to higher line pressure being there with the shift enhancer present.

So is there any other wire I should try connecting to, I do have the orange wire but I don't have a 5 wire plug.

Already talked to 2 dif ppl ill fool with it tomorro thanks guys

Back