dtt trans 2 problems

GOLDDUSTERS5703

the trans starts in 2nd once its at opperating temerature and when u pull it down into first unless u go to neutral then first its almost like putting the truck in park or ur on a trans brake.

2nd prob- when test driving yesterday around 70 or so the speedometer would randomly become sporatic and when it would the truck would drop lock up and sometimes pull itself down to 3rd... i drove to work this morning and it did not happen just seemed to happen at random like a wire was not grounding or something.
thanks,
jeremy

Who did the work building and installing it? Bring it to them and get them to straighten it out. Stefan is on here now and then. If you don't get satisfaction from the builder, then contact Stefan.

well i bought the truck with the trans in it. JTT Performance Transmissions was the biuilder. the trans is about 3 years old and the builder is a long way from me and i feel i have kinda wore out my welcome with previous questions. anybody experience these problems?

Does it have the DTT voltage regulator? Sounds like it is not set low enough. Or your governor pressure solenoid and/or transducer went bad.

VSS is for sure a problem. Replace that first and then go from there.

No lock up switch. Yes it does have a dtt voltage regulator. Replaced both vss's with new ones , I will drive it tomorrow and see where she stands. Thanks fellas!!

drove it for about 10 min. this mornin all seems well perfect 1st gear starts no goofy speedo stuff! thanks fellas will let u know if anything changes!!!

Back