Dual CP3 or Stage 3or 3.5 Floor it?

b5dart70

I am going to be buying new injectors with 100hp nozzles most likely from Exergy.

Currently the REMAN injectors that I have on are rattling like hell and are getting progressively worse.

My question is what do you all recommend for running this setup (100hp motorsport injectors, 165 airdog, 64mm turbo, EFI live...etc). I have talked to many of people and I hear mixed reviews about either going with an 85% CP3, Stage 3 or 3.5 floor it, or just to go duals.

Most likely this will be the farthest performance that I will do to the truck (aside from new Valve springs and push rods, once injectors go in) since I use it daily, and for towing 10k-14k regularly. I dont want a 900hp truck that I cant drive daily.

I have heard that with a large SINGLE pump it can be a biaaatch to tune, but Fleece performance said they will have no problem dialing me in.

Thoughts please....

Also another thought. My current CP3 on the truck has 164,000 miles on it (roughly 30,000 with the II bag of parts). It has worked fine, I am assuming if I go to duals that I can still use this pump and just purchase another stock or 10% over pump???

dual pumps imo, if thats the route you go i got a ppe w/o pump for 1k and got a not even yr old duramax pump for 300 didnt seem like bad deal to me

Last edited:
Is that what most people are running for an additional pump a Duramax? Is that on top or bottom?

What about my current 164,000 pump. You guys think that since she has held up this far, that it is still good to go? Assuming I have to log with EFI live and see if she is tired or not with sustaining rail pressure.

Dual pumps,most kits(ATS,PPE,II)use stock bottom pump and a Duramax top pump.

I dislike ATS, mostly.. But they do seem to have the best designed kit. Top it off with a TCDiesel rail adapter to the pressure sensor back to the rail, you're golden.

one decent pump should have no problem supporting 100hp injectors. if you had 200s or something then yes. buy duals and break a few high pressure lines then you will have a different attitude about it. if you do buy a dual cp3 kit buy something other than ppe the high pressure lines are junk. me personally I wont put duals on another truck unless its a full blown puller/racer way to much hassle. I had no issues with a single modded pump. as for floor it, john is slow but he knows what hes doing ive had one of his pumps on my truck a long time and it still does well. a dual kit minus the pump is closer to 1500 new not a grand

Last edited:
one decent pump should have no problem supporting 100hp injectors. if you had 200s or something then yes. buy duals and break a few high pressure lines then you will have a different attitude about it. if you do buy a dual cp3 kit buy something other than ppe the high pressure lines are junk. me personally I wont put duals on another truck unless its a full blown puller/racer way to much hassle. I had no issues with a single modded pump. as for floor it, john is slow but he knows what hes doing ive had one of his pumps on my truck a long time and it still does well. a dual kit minus the pump is closer to 1500 new not a grand

Also noted. Thanks.

The Evil Twin dual kit is plumbed the same as the ATS kits, feeding the rail in two locations. You can use either the a Cummins 5.9 or 6.7 cp3 or a duramax cp3. Line breakage hasn't been an issue with ours since we switched suppliers. Pm me for a price, my kit is quite a bit less than $1500.

Last edited:
go with the evil twin kit, why waste money when ya don't need to.

This. If your never going to go bigger than 100hp nozzles a single is fine.

This. If your never going to go bigger than 100hp nozzles a single is fine.

I have decided that I am leading more towards a single. This truck is a daily driver, and when four wheeling/snowmobiling season is around, I tow a 32 ft enclosed trailer...about 12k.

So I'm not looking for a huge gain of power with a daily driver.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

You will spend as much or more for a big single than you can do an evil twin kit. I have 20K+ on mine and haven't had the first minute trouble.

spend the money once, dual cp3's will support anything you ever do later on, change your plans with the truck and you might go bigger nozzles, then you are stuck upgrading pumps again. do it once and be done.

Back