Dual cp3's in workstock

c_houchins8_182

Anybody pull in an organization that allows them and what is your thoughts on it? There are a lot of guys in my area pushing for them (myself included) for sake of cost and reliability. To me it seems like a no-brainer because the big stroker pumps that guys run like to puke their guts (literally) and dual stock cp3's are a ton easier to tune and way more reliable plus they will provide more fuel than will ever be needed.

That's everybody who wants dual cp3s in workstocks reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We are doing some rule changes this off season and my thoughts are stay single.

Our association does not allow multi high pressure pumps until you get to the 2.6" class level.

I'm not a puller & not associated with any pulling leagues, so take this with a grain of salt. My idea of " work stock " should be stock work trucks! A truck that on Monday pulls trailers etc...

Stock turbo with stock wheels. Stock fueling etc...
It's crazy I hear of people spending 50k+ just to win work stock.

I'm not a puller & not associated with any pulling leagues, so take this with a grain of salt. My idea of " work stock " should be stock work trucks! A truck that on Monday pulls trailers etc...

I agree with you on that one even though I don't pull either. Lol

This was 2.6 when it started many moons ago. Now look at it.

Most organizations like to keep 1 cp3 cause of hp level , so if you allow dual cp3s then you have to let 13mm ag pumps in too , and you say that's to much fuel for a work stock turbo , guess again . It all boils down to how much power you want in the class

Work stock or 2.5 what ever you like needs 1 cp3 for CR , 12mm auto gvr pumps for dinosaur

Last edited:
single pump. If you go to dual pump, you are loosing your "entry level" class. All the small guys will get discouraged and lose interest in the sport. we just had this discussion here about it for our class. and its staying single pump.

Besides- big single pumps are alot more reliable than they used to be. Hell- good friend of mine is still pulling with the same 10mm wicked pump and its 4 years old.

single pump. If you go to dual pump, you are loosing your "entry level" class. All the small guys will get discouraged and lose interest in the sport. we just had this discussion here about it for our class. and its staying single pump.

Besides- big single pumps are alot more reliable than they used to be. Hell- good friend of mine is still pulling with the same 10mm wicked pump and its 4 years old.

There is no such thing as an entry level class anymore...... Unfortunatly....

Most organizations like to keep 1 cp3 cause of hp level , so if you allow dual cp3s then you have to let 13mm ag pumps in too , and you say that's to much fuel for a work stock turbo , guess again . It all boils down to how much power you want in the class

Work stock or 2.5 what ever you like needs 1 cp3 for CR , 12mm auto gvr pumps for dinosaur

I know many people getting out of pulling because te jumps from local county pulls, to 2.6 is just way to huge. I like the idea of keeping HP down for WS and give people something to build an inexpensive truck to have some fun with, but I cant see dual CP3's being the answer there.

Yes, single pumps have come a long way in a short amount of time. But I only see Single pump crippling the electronic guys. Why limit to a single pump when an Auto Gov 13mm pump is allowed??? And there is no way they can just say 12mm pumps only..... You know darn well, there will be 13mm pumps out there!

No offense but you guys must have some pretty weak workstock classrs in your area. In NW Ohio workstock trucks are pushing 750 or more horses

Haha there 1000hp in northern ky so 750 is the norm,

If you guys had the proper tools its easy to check a pump to determine if it's 12mm or 13 , but nobody has the balls anymore to protest they just get on the Internet and cry about it

No offense but you guys must have some pretty weak workstock classrs in your area. In NW Ohio workstock trucks are pushing 750 or more horses

Oh its the same around here, most are bought trucks that should be in 2.6. Although I would say 2.5 isnt as big as it should be, I think it can be a lot bigger IF the HP is limited OR they quit taking away rules like no hanging weight or allowing bigger class rules. Call me old school but I think 2.5 should be more of a street/beginner class.

Haha there 1000hp in northern ky so 750 is the norm,

If you guys had the proper tools its easy to check a pump to determine if it's 12mm or 13 , but nobody has the balls anymore to protest they just get on the Internet and cry about it

Well all know 99.9% of the time its never going to happen and your right, people are just going to complain and that it.

My main point is, I dont think Dual CP3's is the best way to limit HP.... there are other ways that would make the class a little better.

You are limiting air anyway (or should be) I fail to see the reason for mandating single pumps, you want to regulate these workstock trucks maybe you should give it some thought to require protrusion chargers instead of this out of control bushing BS that we all have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back