Dual Cp3's or Stage 3 ??? Need help deciding

luvinacummins

Alright fellas I am goona bite the bullet some time this week and get either a stage 3 or Dual's....

Help me decide..

My goals are to be in the 900 hp range on fuel only..

Mods are:

MPI 62/71/13 over S480 (goona send in 62 to make a 64)
Stage 2 Cp3 Floor it
air dog 150
Smarty tnt (race)
mp-8
Studs
Springs
Cam(soon)
Flux 3.4's

Thank for any and all info!!:rockwoot:

I know shane and he is never gonna stop modding....so go duals and be done!

Duals for the win:evil

:hehe: Who cares Shane?

I just wanted to see your avatar again... :hump:

... but since I'm here, 2 CP3s are better than one.

duals flow more fuel. and once you acheive the hp you want, you know your gonna want more. so might as well think ahead and buy duals.

Go duals. The way you keep modding you will need them sooner or later. :rockwoot:

A singles is so much less problem, and will make 900 on fuel, and 1100 on nitrous , what would you not keep it simple , with a mild tune , 900 + hp with 27,000 of rail pressure .

I have spun it over a 1000 and never seen the fuel drop below 26000 .

All this on a very conservative dyno
Again the problem is not in the pumps, but in the fact that a programmer has big limits, use an other methods to maximized rail pressure and not let the programmer pull back on rail pressure because of a quirk.

Shane, My truck has made over 1100hp on diesel(#2). Keep the single cp3. It will flow more than duals will any day of the weak. My max egt's approaching 1100hp are topping out at 900*. I did this with flux 9.3's. The single pump is so much easier to deal with. You just need to learn how to tune your Rail pressure. I made 670hp with a stock cp3 and it wasn't even tuned correctly.

Shane, if your goal is 900+ you should definately go duals. I'm running two stock dodge pumps with Flux 6.2's. Have not turned it up all the way yet but the two stockers seem to hang in there. Smarty on 5 stacked with some fuel from my vA C5 and I can still hold 27k.

duals flow more fuel. and once you acheive the hp you want, you know your gonna want more. so might as well think ahead and buy duals.

Pretty much what I am thinking.. Why do this 2 more times...:clap:

Go duals. The way you keep modding you will need them sooner or later. :rockwoot:

True!!!:bang:bang

shane. what are the 3.4 injectors rated at for hp?

180-190 hp...

have you seen the new 3 cp3 kit out

I would expect that from you!!!:kick:

Go for the duals

It's pretty much a done deal.. I rode in a truck with Dual cp3's and WOW...:clap:

Shane, My truck has made over 1100hp on diesel(#2). Keep the single cp3. It will flow more than duals will any day of the weak. My max egt's approaching 1100hp are topping out at 900*. I did this with flux 9.3's. The single pump is so much easier to deal with. You just need to learn how to tune your Rail pressure. I made 670hp with a stock cp3 and it wasn't even tuned correctly.

ROFLMWAO.... Thanks Greg...

Back