dual disk clutch time?

randyswelding

When is it time to go to a dd?I got a 13"sb single d 400hp clutch now and with the new motor startin to slip it,I havnt dynoed the new motor yet (nov7th) and after that clutch time is it time for a dd? I do weigh 13k and have big 6x16sticks and a super phat shaft turbo and a little port and polish on the exhaust side and now studded and oringed. Is valair a good company or go with a sb dd it is my work,play,and scare the hell out of people truck and I'm the only driver of her any info is thanked!

I have a SB 3600 DD Puller on mine. it shifts good as long as you don't want to speed shift it. You have to let it come down to 2,500rpms before it shifts. Has not slipped yet and have had it over a year of pulling on it. I would get the SB 3600 regular double disc. The clutch is not hard to push in with that spring pressure.

Do I need the hydrolic upgrade and what size input shaft,can I go to the bigger 1 3/8 instead of the factory 1 1/4"

You shouldn't need an hydrolic upgrade. Mine is fine pushing the clutch in with stock hydrolics. There wasn't an upgraded shaft for the getrag at the time but I think someone has come out with one now. I still am running the factory input shaft with no problem so far with 400+ HP. Call Peter at SouthBend and talk with him. They know there stuff.

X3 faithful South Bend Clutch customer for several years now. Peter & Mansil are awesome and take care of their customers!

Call them tell them what's up and they will make you a great deal I'm sure.

Okydoky southbend it is I just don't want to snap an input then have to get another one when the truck breaks at 2am from the bar

I just got my phone and I don't know how to get pics of her on her just imagian a old rusty(holes in the floor boards and rockers gone)11'3 1/2" long custom beds with a welder,beer cooler,and bbq off the back oh and a black miter cut 4" stack(that's all the extra exhaust pipin I had at the house) when I get the laptop workin again pics for sure!

I put a 3850DD puller in mine when the con OFE burned up pulling out my friend's ford plow truck in a blizzard.

Back