Dual disk resonance

JSPulliam21

We Don't Rent Pigs
I installed a Valair 3850 dual disk not too long ago, and have had a resonance at about 1600 rpm. It only happens when you are pushing it harder than normal acceleration. It is like a short high frequency vibration from 1600 to about 1700 only. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yep. Have the same thing in my 97 with a southbend 3600 dual disc. Not sure what it is. Scared ya the first time didnt it

let that noise be your guide to prevent accelerated transmission wear, especially 5th gear go byebye wear :p

if you can't help yourself, might I recomend a bigger turbo? :D

Yup. Have a nasty groan around that same RPM with my Haisley dual disk.

I try to drive around it. :)

Scared ya the first time didnt it

I thought :aiwebs_016: Then, oh well :drive:

let that noise be your guide to prevent accelerated transmission wear, especially 5th gear go byebye wear :p

if you can't help yourself, might I recomend a bigger turbo? :D

I try to get through that rpm range quickly, or not get that high until I am in the gear I want to be in. I igured the resonance was not good at all, and have tried to drive around it as much as possible. It is not noticable if I accelerate slowly and smoothly, though. Why a bigger turbo? Yes, you may recommend a bigger one.:charger:

an RPM/load condition that causes pronounced rattling through the transmission :p

if the truck was stock fueling, you wouldn't hear it near as loud

Was going to say to put a fluid dampener on that should help alot with vibrations

Back