Dual Tear Tires Air Pressure

Yellow Jacket

I have dual rear wheels and spacers in the works... What kind of tire pressures are pullers running with dual rear tires that are larger sizes, like 33x12.5's or 35x12.5's? I normally run 33x12.5 singles ar 40-45psi in the rear and 20-25psi in the fronts...

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Matt.

a guy I know of hopped pretty bad with max pressure. Dropped to 40 and it smoothed out a bunch. Dropped to 30 and it pulled pretty smooth.

I don't think I'm gonna go over 40psi again and probably no lower than 25-28psi. Last hook I went with 28psi and the run was very smooth and hooked very well. The run before that I had 50psi in all four and it hopped pretty bad. I have always had trouble experimenting with the rear psi as apposed to the fronts.

Joe

i run 60 in mine pulls smooth as can be!! drop down in the 40s and cant even pull it it hops so bad

i ran 60 and got alot of tire spin, gonna drop it to 40 and see whats ip.

I had 40psi in the rears with duals and got a violent hop and broke a driveshaft and did not get to experiment with the pressures to see how it would react...

From what i'm reading I need to bump the pressure way up...which makes sense to get the tires to lose a little traction and stay broke loose...

Or drop pressure and get the tires to float out and keep it from hopping...

It's a tough call on a particular track but I think between ~30-45psi on a loose track and maybe ~40-65psi on a tighter, harder biting track. Hopefully with the variance in tracks coming up in the month of June out here I can get some good results with trying the above pressures. Those will most likely have no comparison to what would be proper to run in the midwest tracks of course. :)

Joe

I haven't ran yet with duals but would think that the higher the pressure the less the hop. Just my thought.

I got almost no wheel hop in the rear what-so-ever when I went to 28psi. But then again that was on a loose track and like I said above the pressures for certain tracks out west are probably totally opposite in the midwest. I too thought the higher pressure would help in the rear but that seems to only be the case on tighter, harder packed tracks out here.

Joe

Back