Dually spacer

lco

For those that are running duals, what's the smallest spacer you can run between the wheels and with what tires.

The absolute shortest "spacer" you can run is 1.75". Any shorter and you can't get the outside rim on becase of the original stud length (at least on my '02 anyway). You can put up to a .375 spacer between the rims and use the original lugs and nuts. The distance between .375" and 1.75" is no man's land.

The absolute shortest "spacer" you can run is 1.75". Any shorter and you can't get the outside rim on becase of the original stud length (at least on my '02 anyway). You can put up to a .375 spacer between the rims and use the original lugs and nuts. The distance between .375" and 1.75" is no man's land.

^^^^ What he said. I have 35x12.50 with 2" spacers with a lot of room.

a 1/4" spacer with 285/75/16's, they don't rub but the inside wheels are off a dual tandem trailer that have more backspacing.

i'd say at least a 1/2" more backspacing not sure haven't really meaured it, any trailer parts dealer should be able to find you some.

Are you guys running the stock rims? Local tire shop told me I couldnt run larger/wider tires on the stock dual rims?

He/She's covering her own arse so when one blows out and kills a family of three in a mini-van, you can't hold them liable for mounting a tire that requires a 8-9 inch wide rim on one that is 6.5 inches wide. :D

don't listen to a tire shop...

I run a dually wheel on the inside (mounted a 33x12.5x16 STS on it) then a spacer (or two :hehe:) and then mounted my nice 10" wide wheel on the outside with another 33x12.5x16 STS tire.

Is it ideal? No

Does it work? Hell yes.

I kinda figured that was the case, but this is the first dually I ever had so wanted to check with you guys first. Thanks for the info! Now time to find some tires

I've mounted a bfg a/t in 315/70/17 on a stock hummer wheel and also on a newer ford 2005 stock 250 wheel (thinking they are 7" wide?) no issues

How big of spacer would I have to run with a 305. Think a 2in would space them far enough so they wouldn't rub?

don't listen to a tire shop...

I run a dually wheel on the inside (mounted a 33x12.5x16 STS on it) then a spacer (or two :hehe:) and then mounted my nice 10" wide wheel on the outside with another 33x12.5x16 STS tire.

Is it ideal? No

Does it work? Hell yes.

Got pics? Can you post some? You have peaked my interest. LOL

Back