Duel CP3 benefits?

Morse

Diesel
How much will a duel CP3 kit help on average? I just want to run diesel only. I have no smoke, just a light haze going down the strip.. Launch is the only time it smokes at the track. I have a mild combination that runs low 12's. I want the truck to run as quick as possible, while also remaining dependable. I know the modified pumps are cheaper, though I like the thought that if one fails, the other will run the truck. Anyone with experience, please let me know your thoughts. If I'm gonna do it, it will be soon before next weekend (the TS race). Thanks....

Morse said:
How much will a duel CP3 kit help on average? I just want to run diesel only. I have no smoke, just a light haze going down the strip.. Launch is the only time it smokes at the track. I have a mild combination that runs low 12's. I want the truck to run as quick as possible, while also remaining dependable. I know the modified pumps are cheaper, though I like the thought that if one fails, the other will run the truck. Anyone with experience, please let me know your thoughts. If I'm gonna do it, it will be soon before next weekend (the TS race). Thanks....
it is alot easyer to tune and diagnose a single pumped truck, put a modded pump on there and you can run mid 11's no problem--you just have to tune it right. plus duel pumps cost a lot and expect to upgrade your charger and your injectors as well.......take it for what it's worth.

To tell if you really need another pump you need to be able to watch your rail pressure down the track. The further below 20000psi it drops the more a second pump will help. I like two pumps better than one mod pump. More fuel and relieabilty (sp?) to boot. The diagnosise (sp?) I don't buy either. If your electronics are right it is not a problem. Now I your do some funny stuff to get your pressures above 30k and 40k like I hear of some doing in the Dodge world your going to have a hard time figuring things out if it goes wrong. Because your electronics are fudging things to get pressures that high. As far as price goes you can get a second CP3 you can get them for a Dmax for as low as $1000 plus pump. I do not think it will be long before the prices start falling on the Dodge versions also.

Back