Dunbar resigns

DavidTD

DPM
I wanted to personally announce to our industry my stepping down as co-owner of NADM. I have truly enjoyed my experience helping start NADM. But the reality is, it’s time I need to focus on my family’s well being, which means I need to obtain a job that has a paycheck attached to it :doh:, and find more time for my family with less time on the road.

I am not leaving the diesel industry. The DPM dyno will still continue as it has since 2003, doing as many events as we can. In fact, this will allow me to focus more time on the dyno, something I haven’t done a good job of since 2006. Outside of that, I need to prepare to get another job.

I have discussed with my partners the desire I have to see NADM continue on it’s path of growth. I have also expressed to them I would help in any way I can. I completely believe our industry needs an NADM to grow and I am proud to have been a part of this endeavor. I am also confident that if NADM is allowed to follow the business plan it was created from, it will enjoy years of success.

I’ll still be seeing many of you, still be online and still running the dyno. What I would like to see for the industry is support. We are in tough times for most everyone, but we have still managed to pull enough effort together to keep this sport alive. I believe NADM growing in not even two years shows true promise for our industry and develops a good expectation for the heights we can reach when our economy strengthens. If everyone does his or her part in these tough times, it lessons the pain for everyone trying to keep it going. What a great example our last event was of that.

So for those that made our A&A Auto Parts East Coast Nationals, you saw my last event as an official. I am so glad it was such a great event I could leave with. I appreciated everyone that was there, and knowing it was my last one before the event, it was even that much more special for me.

Sincerely,

David Dunbar

Well hate to see you go but at the same time as long as your still a part of the diesel world won't be so bad. Thanks for all the help in growing NADM and the sport itself. Best of luck to you in the future.

David,
You will be missed as an official. As a racer I always know I'm getting the straight story when talking to you. You absolutely need to put your family first, go get those things taken care of. I'm sure when things start to turn around you will be back again, and in the meantime I look forward to seeing you out with your dyno. Say hi to Penny and Morgan for me, we still need to get our kids out to the same event one of these days, I'm sure they would have a great time together.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Good luck David, Many thanks for everything you have done to help promote this sport. Hope to see you out with your dyno a bit more.
:Cheer:
Lynn

Good luck Dave, only got to meet you once in Bakersfield, but I know you have greatly helped the diesel performance industry be it drag racing, pulling or dyno and I personally thank you for that. take care...Ken

Gotta do what is best for you and your family Dave. Glad to know that you will still be around and that NADM is very strong and headed in the direction that you guys worked so very hard to get it moving towards.

Best of luck to you and let me know if we can do anything for you.

-Timbeaux

DAY-UM Dave!!!

Say it isn't So!!!!!

Wow buddy!!! You will be missed but I'll hope to still be see'n ya around!!!

THANK YOU FOR DOING WHAT YOU DID FOR US MAN!!!!!!:thankyou2:

Well, I know it'll be a bit of a drive from Gillsville to Smyrna but If you wanna come help us Lock up Bad Guys/Gals, We are very short handed down here!!!LOL

Hey, Its a steady pay check!!! Crime don't stop due to the economy!!

Well, That's sad news David!! Come see us a Garmon's more often now!!
Please let me know if I can help you or do anything for ya man!! It's just a short drive. I'll be there man!!!:Cheer:

Your Friend,

David

Last edited:
Thanky you for everything you have done with NADM David.
Good luck with your future endeavors, let me know if you need anything, see ya soon.

David,

I am sorry to hear this. We enjoyed working with you and NADM.

I hope that we can get together and drink a beer. Maybe you Ty, and Big Swole will come up to Dillard in a couple of weeks and sit on my front porch and kill c some brain cells and bring your family and we will cook some burgers,

Harold (DTech Cowboy) Brown

David,

I hope that we can get together and drink a beer. Maybe you Ty, and Big Swole will come up to Dillard in a couple of weeks and sit on my front porch and kill c some brain cells and bring your family and we will cook some burgers,

Heck Yeah!! I'm in!!

:Cheer:

C'mon Dave!!!!!!

Good luck in your next endeavour David....hopefully we'll catch up at Scheid's next month. I'll have a cold drink waiting on ya.

finally.... good riddens :hehe: Now maybe we can get some racing done :tree:

of course you know I'm kidding. I wish you the best Dave. The personality and knowledge you brought to racing can't be replaced.

Here's a way to look at it..... now you can build your truck back to racing form and makes some unbias passes with us... when time permits :rockwoot:

David,

coming up to sit a spell are you ? Lemmeno when you're here and we'll stop down for a visit

Good Luck David, you have done incredible things for diesel motor sports, but family needs to come first. I know whatever you do it will be first rate:Cheer::Cheer::Cheer:

Back