Duramax CP3???

Laramie4x4

I'm still FASTER
Hey guys figured I would ask you.... I got me a twin cp3 kit for my dodge from ATS...came with a Dmax pump.. and I want to get a bigger one now...which pump do I have.. I was looking at industrial's website and there is a bunch to choose from..???

Wicked Diesel for modded pumps. They flat work. I've seen data logs of them all, so when I wanted pumps for the race truck I went to Shane at Wicked.

Wicked Diesel for modded pumps. They flat work. I've seen data logs of them all, so when I wanted pumps for the race truck I went to Shane at Wicked.

Well I wa talking to a buddy yesterday and he said I shouldnt waste my money on another pump... I have a 85% dodge cp3 as well as this new dmax pump.. he idea is that I have enough fuel for awhile...And the only reason why I have stayed away from wicked pumps is simply I heard it takes forever...I'm impatient I like things now!!! hahahaha

My race truck has ONE II pump on it, industrial injection is the only way to go!:rockwoot:
I think you kind of have to say that since they give you parts. I actually think there are much better options.

I will also say that 2 stock LBZ Duramax CP3 pumps supplied plenty of fuel for me to go 11.13 in the 1/4 with a race weight of 6800 lbs, and the logs showed no signs of losing rail pressure. It was at 29k from start to finish.

I think you kind of have to say that since they give you parts. I actually think there are much better options.

I will also say that 2 stock LBZ Duramax CP3 pumps supplied plenty of fuel for me to go 11.13 in the 1/4 with a race weight of 6800 lbs, and the logs showed no signs of losing rail pressure. It was at 29k from start to finish.

No josh, i say that because they work....im am known for building fast and reliable set ups, cant do that with junk.

But really the build is only part of the equation, tuning is the biggest variable, thats Johnboys dept!

Unless you're trying to set some new record making 1200+ hp or something, There is NO need to have a modded 2nd pump...

Very old Stg.2 Floor under a stock Dmax pump from PPE and a measly 95 gph FASS has netted me enough fuel for all I can handle...

Save your money..

Yeah Def...not trying to set any records.. just a 10.5 super street truck.. I race in high altitude...records are not as easy to set here!!!!

I started losing pressure with two new stock pumps once hitting the 9's, 1100HP+. New Wicked pumps have shown no sign's of dropping pressure.

No josh, i say that because they work....im am known for building fast and reliable set ups, cant do that with junk.

But really the build is only part of the equation, tuning is the biggest variable, thats Johnboys dept!

Agree tuning helps, but Wade if you use the hp calculator, with your weight and et you are only making about 628 hp. I can understand why one pump works well for you. Once you start making some real HP you will need 2 pumps believe me.

Agree tuning helps, but Wade if you use the hp calculator, with your weight and et you are only making about 628 hp. I can understand why one pump works well for you. Once you start making some real HP you will need 2 pumps believe me.

Seriously, what calculator are you useing?:hehe:

I have NEVER ran a full 1/4 mile under current full power we have, i have always shut the engine off at the 1/8 mile and on the brakes ran 9.0's......

Just so you know, i have NOT had the engine "tuned" yet it's still on the street,start up tune john put in it 9 months ago......

it takes about 1000hp+ to run what were running now in the 1/8, you can look at the calculator all you want, it's so far off at this level it's not even funny. Not to mention that we havent got the tires to stay planted all the way down the track yet....There are so many variables at this level that dont applie to you at your level.

HP does not accelerate 7000lbs the same way it accelerates 3000lbs

For example, look at pro stock car engines, dyno one thing totally different than they run at the track----the track shows hundreds more HP!

Save your self the heart trouble and stay away from the calculators unless you know what your looking at.

Last edited:
Calculator worked in my favor on my 11.22@120 run :)

Said I was making 860+ at the tires... I doubted that. Maybe 800 ish. Who knows..

lol

Bottom line is the calculators online get you close but they are not way off either.

"HP does not accelerate 7000lbs the same way it accelerates 3000lbs"

Not sure what your trying to say with this but HP is HP it doesn't change nor does it even know what vehicle weight is. Bottom line is Wade is not running near the power several other Duramax engines are producing today and until he does it not worth the debate.

For 750 Hp and less the dual stock CP3's are just fine and nothing more is needed. As for the II pumps we've run 2 of there 120 over versions and been able to drain them, but of coarse that is producing way more power than Wade is.

you have got to remeber he is only leaving with 7 pounds of boost. but if you think he is making hp in the 600s you are saying that derrins pro stock is only making in the 600s because wade has a faster back half and yes i have seen the slips to prove it

Back