Duramax Cranks

jmiltier

Looking to buy 01-10 Dmax cranks in good shape (meaning no bearing spin on journals)

What you got?

*bdh*

THE most looked for part on a Dmax, most cores I can nab usually have bad ones.
They are like the 6.4 Fords, crank killers.

Mark.

I see Duramaxes frequently when I acquire my Cummins junk.
Problem is, I can't justify buying a longblock Duramax, with no cores (Injectors, Turbo, pump) for $500-$1000 when I have no place to go with them.

I'm sitting on a very complete 6.0 Ford shortblock that I can't even get an offer on and 7.3s are almost a waste of time.

So, I'm likely to just continue as a scrounger of Cummins cores, which is by far easier to acquire and just as much a money maker.

Mark.

New LML crank is ~1000.00 keyed and drop in for 16 /LML and older
Lb7/LLY need lbz newer balancer/flex plate swapped for lbz or newer... Or alot of Mallory in the balancing

How does a LML crank come keyed and ready to drop in any LML and older motor?

I'm not doing internal balance (Neutral weight) just standard balanced assembly setups for stock balancers/flywheel setups (01-05) & (06-10)

Ok so it looks like you can choose LB7/LLY, LBZ/LMM, or LML? A LML crank will not be drop in for all motors like stated it has a different balance then earlier motors.

LB7/LLY has a balance
LBZ/LMM has a balance
LML has a balance - Has balancer similar to LB7/LLY but uses a LBZ/LMM Flexplate so a mixture of both

DHD looks to be selling good used cranks that are polished and keyed not new??? I have a mill setup just for keying cranks so why would I buy reman ones for 800 that have a 300 core when I usually buy good crank cores for 200-300, then pay 300 or so to external balance and polished to whatever setup I need the crank for then key it myself?? If internal balance is required then yes it does get pricing due to the labor time and mallory used but most of my builds are stock to hot street replacements with weak points fixed and upgraded.

OK Back to my post? Looking to buy 01-10 or even LML cranks, what you got?

Back