Duramax headers

jupton

Horsepower lover
Thought I would post up some pics of a header and up pipe setup I fabbed up last week for my buddy's LB7. Let me know what you guys think.
tapyvu3y.jpg
yta3u6ev.jpg
guvyva3y.jpg
eju7avam.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How many fitment pain was there? I would love to make a set, is the in a single or compound set up?

Biggest issue was on the drivers side getting the tubes around the steering shaft. It was pretty tight getting a 4" down pipe on it too. The truck has a gtx4202 single on it.

Look like crap! will never work!!
Send them to me so I can dispose of them properly. LOL

:badidea:You don't have a Duramax, He can send them to me.:poke: Do you have a list of bends you used? These thing make a truck sound diffrent then normal manifolds.

Last edited:
:badidea:You don't have a Duramax, He can send them to me.:poke: Do you have a list of bends you used? These thing make a truck sound diffrent then normal manifolds.

Don't really have a list of bends. Just bought a big box of 304 stainless thick wall u bends and went to town. I think I used 11 u bends total on the headers. And ya they make a truck sound way different than cast manifolds.

Don't really have a list of bends. Just bought a big box of 304 stainless thick wall u bends and went to town. I think I used 11 u bends total on the headers. And ya they make a truck sound way different than cast manifolds.

Mostly 180's and 45?

Awesome man great work! I have to ask why you didn't build them as a remote turbo setup? Easier to work on, more room for a large down pipe? I guess everythibg has an application tho! Awesome fab work brother!

Awesome man great work! I have to ask why you didn't build them as a remote turbo setup? Easier to work on, more room for a large down pipe? I guess everythibg has an application tho! Awesome fab work brother!

I tried talking him into a remote mount with a nice water to air intake but he wasn't into it at this point. This winter we might redo it as a remote mount with a bigger charger and make it a dedicated pull truck.

How are they working out so far? Really want to buixld a set of these for my truck. Are all the runs equal length? I am assuming so just thought id ask

How are they working out so far? Really want to buixld a set of these for my truck. Are all the runs equal length? I am assuming so just thought id ask

Does not look to be equal length to my eyes... The Driver side could be but the passenger side does not look equal to me...

Ya lookin closer at pics the passenger side back 2 outlets look longer for sure. Wonder if it causes the front 2 outlets to run a bit warmer with less volume. Doubt it would be noticeable though. Anyways nice build for sure

Back