duramax lly performance upgrade questions!

oonighttrain

i have a 04.5 duramx lly. i just put on the bullydog cat back system and an intake box..

i called bullydog today to ask if they would sell me the turbo to cat pipe because the truck doesn t really sound any better than it did.. they said no..

so, from there i went to talk to a guy down the street about his duramax that he has loaded with all sorts of stuff.. he warned me to be VERY careful with a programmer, that he has had 2 occasions of transmission problems after driving the truck in the performance mode (thousands of dollars)..

i would like to beef up my truck but, i dont want to have serious problems in the future.. he also said, to take out the cat and the muffler, that he noticed a substancial difference in power and responsiveness after he got rid of his. he is running 5 inch exhaust..

any thoughts for me? thanks!

(My thoughts...) Talk to a couple people on this site that have quick Dmax's, spend some money and lay your neighbor's truck down the street a beating. Diesel muscle trucks make the world a better place. (Thought complete.)

Opie said:
(My thoughts...) Talk to a couple people on this site that have quick Dmax's, spend some money and lay your neighbor's truck down the street a beating. Diesel muscle trucks make the world a better place. (Thought complete.)

:Cheer:

great idea BUT, i want a truck that has power but, smaller chance of breaking high dollar items!!

The Chev is a cheap date for making power, in your case 2004.5 the tranny will need to be upgraded. So you may as well plan on faceing that one right up front. I made several passes most every weekend with my 04.5 last year after visiting MikeL's shop. It is driven dailey and I am just as happy right now with the tranny as I was when I left his shop. My truck only runs 12.0's right now but when I get a free weekend I will see about chewing another .5 sec off that time.

Slap a 65rwhp tuner on it, throw away the cat, get an EGR blocker plate.

Your truck will never be loud. You will have to live with it. It will sound like a jet fighter when you turn it up.

Back