Duramax motor swap?

rbell

Ok so I've got a buddy who has a 03 LB7 with some high mileage 300K plus. Anyway he has a wrecked 09, he was wondering if it would be possible to put the 09 motor and tranny into the 03? Thanks in advance guys..ROB

Not without a great deal of work. The tranny would need the TCM and not sure what else and the motor would need to be stripped of the emissions junk and the ECM adapted to the 03. Fleece Performance Engineering would be able to tell you exactly what is needed.

I figured it would be a good bit of work which of course = lots of $$$$. Seems like a good idea but may be more trouble then its worth. I thought it would be better to part out the 09 and take the proceeds from that to rebuild the LB7. Anyway I'll have them get ahold of Fleece...Thanks again..ROB

If he has the 09 COMPLETE, then it is doable. You would have to add in the CAN BUS that the new 06+ trucks use as well as add in some other wires and swap all of the onboard modules. I would say it isn't feesible though in the end.

Back