Duramax Weight!

I believe it was 365 on the ALLISON with the converter in it was the spec I found. And the DMAX is roughly 850-900, pretty close in weight to a 454 iron head and block engine. I figure it added roughly 275-300 pounds to my BURB from the old 6.5/4L80E combo(required 2 turns on the torsion bars to level it.

It's all Heavy.

X2, what he said. I sure wasn't about to try and lift it up and put it on my bench when I built mine. Even the engine hoist new it had a load on it when I picked it up to hang it on the engine stand. The C1/C2 assembly in and of itself weighs in around 70-80 pounds I think. I know I was nervous with the combo hanging on my 4K pound engine hoist as it was creeking and groaning doing it.

I believe the weight posted above is correct, I just did not realize it was that heavy. A buddy and myself pulled my transmission out on 3 different occasions with out a transmission jack and it was not to bad. My biggest surprise was how much a tripple disk converter filled with ATF weighs in these things.

You're all in the ball park. Unless you acurately weigh it yourself, it's within 50-75lbs of an all iron big block chevy. To me, that's a close enough estimate.

Allisons are heavy too. Especially with a converter in it. I think 330 or so is a pretty good approximate weight. I could barely pick up my 47rh with a stock converter in it. Not anymore now that I have a triple disc. Allisons are definately a lot bigger than an rh tranny. Lot more stuff to 'em.

Back