DV Comparison with Pictures

Ken in AZ

ill-tempered
Which valve do you think would flow more?

Attachments

• CIMG2345.JPG
    CIMG2345.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 75
  • CIMG2351.JPG
    CIMG2351.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 76
The shoulder on the right one looks smaller in Dia. compared to the one on the left meaning more fuel flowage? The shoulder looks wider on the right one and the body of the DV looks fatter?
Brandon

Last edited:
i agree with the one on the right but if they are that close the only way to tell is to put i micrometer on them and choose the smalller one

Smokem said:
The left is a 131 and the right is a 181, the delivery valve on the left will flow more. However, not all 181 delivery valves are the same, some versions have longer flutes, I could put up some measurements if desired.

Ding Ding Ding - we have a winner!

Thanks Smokem!

Smokem said:
The left is a 131 and the right is a 181, the delivery valve on the left will flow more. However, not all 181 delivery valves are the same, some versions have longer flutes, I could put up some measurements if desired.

Show off! :bow:
Brandon

I think the 131 are .050" and the 181 are .060" in shoulder length. I may be off by .010" on both (if I am i'm short .010") but they are about .010" different according to my not so nice plastic calipers. Weston, what does the flute length do? Does a longer length (closer to the shoulder) promote additional fuel flow?

NickTF said:
I think the 131 are .050" and the 181 are .060" in shoulder length. I may be off by .010" on both (if I am i'm short .010") but they are about .010" different according to my not so nice plastic calipers. Weston, what does the flute length do? Does a longer length (closer to the shoulder) promote additional fuel flow?

I measured with a pretty decent digital caliper and the difference was 0.20mm

181 - 2.2mm shoulder height
131 - 2.0mm shoulder height

it was shorter on the bottom side, the top of the shoulders were level with eachother.

No one has really ever given a straight answer on this topic.

The shoulder is shorter, diameter is exactly the same, and the flutes are darn near identical. everything about the valve itself says that it should flow more albeit a small amount - definitely worth it imho. the holders are significantly different so maybe this is the reason?

If anything it was an upgrade to the 181's and definitely not less fuel so I don't know. In my other post on the install NickTF posted this:
NickTF said:
I've been chasing stumbling issues forever now with my truck and have changed out seats on the delivery valves I was provided by Weston. The 131 seat (seat with the wider bottom then the top) caused more stumbling and bucking then my stock 180hp seats (seats with the machined bottom which is smaller then the top). I still have bucking issues but the seats do seem to make a difference. Not talking about the holders, i've not fulled with those at all.

Ken in AZ said:
No one has really ever given a straight answer on this topic.

The shoulder is shorter, diameter is exactly the same, and the flutes are darn near identical. everything about the valve itself says that it should flow more albeit a small amount - definitely worth it imho. the holders are significantly different so maybe this is the reason?

If anything it was an upgrade to the 181's and definitely not less fuel so I don't know. In my other post on the install NickTF posted this:

FINALLY, I'VE ELIMINATED THIS PROBLEM!!! Check my other post for details!!!

Back