Dyno'd my pos and have a couple questions

chevota84

I ran my VP truck on the dyno at the woodburn race and it put down decent #'s but they seem a bit strange. The first run was with the Tst off and just timing from the Smarty and the second run was with the Tst on 7. It picked up 110 HP but only 100 ft lbs of torque. I think my pump might be getting weak but I'd think it'd still pick up.more torque than that.
uploadfromtaptalk1343022368082.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I cant seem to get the pic rotated, sorry.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343022584903.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343022584903.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Lol. Nobody? Am I really that alone in my VP world?

I would also expect higher torque increase. Did you try loading the dyno a little more after turning on the tst? Don't worry they'll show up.

I didnt load it at all, boost was down 5 or 10 psi from what i see on the street but it was °90. Im going to check my pump tap today just to make sure.

Its not a big deal, Im not out to win any dyno competitions. I mostly ran it to get a # so when people asked me I didn't have to say "it should be..." or "maybe".

Looks like it kept it from defueling, without adding much extra fuel. Explains the lower torque increase.

That's kind of what Im starting to think, it looks like the HP was because of the extra 800 rpms I got. I haven't had a chance to check my tap yet today.

Pump tap is good. Maybe my pump is just getting weak, but the 473 HP on just the injectors seems pretty strong. Could it just be how I ran it?

try another dyno in the area and see if the results vary.

It was Jefferson states dyno. I might try to get over to source but its a 130 mile drive so it probably won't happen any time soon.

Smartys are great for low rpm fuel but die off in the upper end, if you have a good spooling turbo It will take advantage of this and make good tourqe but weak hp, the tst can't add much more fuel than the smarty does on the bottom end so not much is gained down low but hp goes up quite a bit and it's a much prettyer graph.

Smarty is set at stock except for the timing. The HP # isn't too bad, but the 100ft/lb torque rise seems weird.

Back