Dynoed For The First Time

StrokerAce

Smooth Is Fast
I finally decided to put the truck on the dyno in Indy this past weekend and I have to say I was a tad dissapointed. I got three good pulls and the highest was 394.3. I was dynoing on the Innovative Extreme Race tune and the guy with the dyno said that the truck pulled very smooth thru the RPM's. All I have is the Satge 2 AFE, straight thru MBRP duals, EGR welded shut and studded. I was hoping to see somewhere in the ball park of 415. I talked to a guy with an 05 24V who dynoed 854 (I think) and said that when he dyno's back home in Kansas, he gets over 900. I know that there are so many variables when dynoing, so I hoping that I am in fact over 400. I have video of it and I will try to get it edited and posted. It was pretty cool to see the guy running the dyno plugging his ears since it's straight piped.

I wish I knew. The Dyno they had there didn't give torque readings.

Try an Insanity tune from Tadd at Elite......I think you will be pleasantly surprised......I have both tunes and found that Tadds make more top end power and Erics has a bit better midrange......

not too bad of numbers. There are alot of variables that go in the dyno. When i put mine on the dyno for the first time, i only got 125 ( the dyno was set up wrong) Took it off and let it cool down and everyone else go and then i got back on and hit 412/776. So those numbers are bad for what you have done. It is about the same as what i have; tune by DJ, Volant, and 4" turbo back.

Sprman,

Your #'s is what I was hoping for. I'm going to try and dyno here locally and again at Scheids Extravaganza and see where I'm at. I really want to see the TQ #'s. I would love to see 500 but I can't justify the expense that would go with it right now. I have just in the past couple of days been toying with the idea of repowering with an 03 or 04 Common Rail, but then again that will be a year or two down the road if I do it.

Back