Dynoing with Fuel plate vs. No Plate = NO POWER GAINS

Timebomb

Bootney Lee Fonsworth
Well this would be for the 12v guys out there. I decided to do a little test. Dynoing first with a #100 fuel plate set at full foward and then second pull taking it out to see if I could pick up any HP. Ive read a bunch of posts in the past were people say to pull the plate to get more rack travel, And I would assume you would make more power.

First pull= 540 with 100 plate
Second pull= 542 with no plate

So as you can see not even worth talking about. Just thought Id post it for people who may want to know.

Jim Fulmer said:
If you had a #5 or 6 to put in there you would see the same results except better bottom end control.

Jim

Yep, I was looking at WOT (full rack travel) Ive heard pulling the plate gives you a bit more. I guess in my case it didnt work that way.

Last edited:
Forrest Nearing said:
have you modded the AFC

No just the light spring. Ive never looked into anything else. I understand tunning the AFC for drivebility but dont know if it gives you full power/ WOT gains ?????

If you cut up the AFC foot, flip the washers on the diaphram and use a longer spring and adjust the starwheel forward to where the foot can move way farther up you would have gained some more HP. And if you extended the rack travel as well by shimming the front plug some you'd pick up some HP too.

ok Ill look into modding the AFC, Im very happy with what it made for what little is done ie. 16* and 370s and the pump never being off of the truck.

Oh and how do you shim the rack cap. I thought the pump had to be removed to get the cap out ??

Thanks for the info

I am going to do mine very soon and have no intention of pulling the pump. Use a dreamel tool I here if you remove a small amount of material it is possible to remove the plug and install a new...

with a 215, you don't need to mess w/ the front plug. it'll hurt more than it helps. but you can swap plugs without moving the pump. all it takes is a die grinder :)

mod the AFC foot for more travel or you'll never touch the cap. don't ditch the AFC, there's no benefit

also, VERY impressive numbers for 370's at 16* :)

I know a couple people who have done the same thing and didn't gain anything. I guess if you want a dyno queen and every little tiny bit you can get then go for it.. But I actually have to drive mine on the street.

who are you talking to? :confused:

I prefer a modded AFC because you can pull the housing back and tighten up the AFC without hurting travel... less smoke down low, same power up high. what's the problem?

lmills said:
so,,,,,,,when do you want to go back Coop? LOL

As soon as I get my water inj hooked up. The end of next week looks good. The question is when do you go back ?? 1280hp is so close to breaking 1300. Heck you only made 100 or so more than Chris's Honda........LOL
Now that I think of it thats scary

I do agree

awesome numbers for 370s and 16 degrees, i had 100 less horses with a similar setup and stock dvs :( Have about what u have now.. with a few changes

Back