Dynojet Numbers vs Mustang Numbers?

imelmo

Go away, I'm 'batin'!
How much of a drop in hp do you usually see going from a Dynojet dyno to a Mustang dyno? I know the Mustangs typically read a little lower but by how much?

I'm probably going to dyno my truck here local and they have a Mustang dyno. With my mods I know it should be somewhere between 400-450rwhp on a Dynojet.

There is no set percentage. just a little lower..
see what it does. then use that dyno again after the mods.

There is no set percentage. just a little lower..
see what it does. then use that dyno again after the mods.

Yeah, that's the plan. I'm not real concerned what the number is as long as it's consistent so I can see what each mod adds from here on out. Just don't want to see some off the wall number.

I'm really not a fan of dynos, lol.

From what we have tested, mustangs only read max of 4% lower than a dynojet. Comparisons were done with N/A gassers, average difference being 2.4%

A friend of mine has a Mustang dyno...at his first dyno day we were all baffled by the lower #'s that were being produced, so he called Mustang and the gentleman from the company told him that there was a 15% difference.

Take it for what it's worth...

I have been on both and tune on both.
Your Hp number will be a tad higher on a DynoJet and the Tq number will be much higher on a Mustang due to the ability to really load the charger(s).The Mustang 1750 Dual Eddy I tune on can snuff out even the largest 3.0 charger.Boost numbers will be alot higher on the Mustang also due to the load.

Back to back months last year we made 875/1402 on a DynoJet 248 and 879/1720 on a Mustang. Air quality for both days work was almost the same according to my weather station.

Danny, where are you getting on the dyno at? Somewhere close to you?

Got my results. Pretty much right about what I figured they be on a Mustang. Did 342/607. That's tuner, intake, exhaust, and ported manifold. On a dynojet those mods are usually between 400-450 if everything is working correctly.

Dyno04-05-13TunerIntakeExhaust0001_zps618e80a6.jpg

Dyno04-05-13TunerIntakeExhaust0002_zps82159345.jpg

That graph looks smooth. Most dyno aren't going to be off 100rwhp. On stock trucks. Chargers will light on both on loaded and non loaded.

That graph looks smooth. Most dyno aren't going to be off 100rwhp. On stock trucks. Chargers will light on both on loaded and non loaded.

Didn't say it was, but a Mustang dyno will usually read about 50hp less than a Dynojet on my setup from talking to others, so about 400-450 like I stated.

I don't really care what the dyno said anyway as I'm just using it to compare mods, I just need it to be consistent. The track will be my real dyno.

Last edited:
My 2001 24v did 481hp 1023tq on a dynojet and 433hp 1067tq on a mustang.

Yeah, that's why I'm fine with it. As long as it didn't spit out something ridiculous like 250hp or 500hp I know it should be consistent, lol.

If the truck has a good tune in it again,your numbers will not vary hardly at all in power only in torque.

This is a proven statement by not only me a few others in my club who have visited both types and have also been on Land/Sea jets and Dynocom's.

I would disagree with the variance you think you have with your truck and the two jets.

If the truck has a good tune in it again,your numbers will not vary hardly at all in power only in torque.

This is a proven statement by not only me a few others in my club who have visited both types and have also been on Land/Sea jets and Dynocom's.

I would disagree with the variance you think you have with your truck and the two jets.

Well disagree away then, lol.

Ive ran trucks on Mustangs and Dynojets. Never seen more then around 40hp at most difference. Most are within 10-20hp

Back