Dynomite Diesel injectors and which Turbo??

Elohim1

I am wanting to hit the 400 RWHP mark with #2. Truck is 4wd with getrag and motor is stock and intercooled. I will be mostly driving and towing, want to be able to pull a sled a couple times during the year and the fairs

My reciepe so far is.

Dynomite diesel 80HP injectors
3200 spring
BD diesel Fuel pin

Now which turbo ??? I called Hightech turbo today and the guy I talked to said an HTPG57. Said it had a 57mm comp wheel and 65mm exhaust, stainless steel would run $1605.00

I am seeing the guys like the HTB2 on this board.

What Turbo should I use ?
Any other suggestions would help.

The 62/14 is a really nice daily driver/towing charger. I've run a few chargers now, and a 62/14 has nice street manners.

Dave

Those DP injectors are the same as POD's. A turbo upgrade for those would be Gillette Diesel stage 2 or HTT stage 3 (same difference) for the H1C. Do not get the GDS stage III or HTT stage IV, they are more expense than what is worth. If you need that much more air, go with a 62/14 or a HX35 off of a 2nd gen.

Just trying to save you money.

The ddp sticks and pod's ar not the same they may have the same hp rating but for driving and towing the ddp's will idle cleaner run cleaner and run cooler the pod's do not have the correct spray angle. The BD pin has a problem with hardness personly I would grind your factory pin and save some cash. With that amount of fuel and if you plan on towing a 62-65-14 s300 will be the best turbo for the first gen. Stay away from the hx35 with the 12cm housing it will cause high egt on a 1st gen when towing.

The ddp sticks and pod's ar not the same they may have the same hp rating but for driving and towing the ddp's will idle cleaner run cleaner and run cooler the pod's do not have the correct spray angle. The BD pin has a problem with hardness personly I would grind your factory pin and save some cash. With that amount of fuel and if you plan on towing a 62-65-14 s300 will be the best turbo for the first gen. Stay away from the hx35 with the 12cm housing it will cause high egt on a 1st gen when towing.

Ok a 62-65-14 it is.
Gonna use a PDR ground fuel pin.

What about the New Era 435 injectors ?? They are edm cut rather than honed.
I am finding the EDM cut are better from other post.
http://www.neweradiesel.com/node/4

Let me know.

Above guy posted while I was typing. Thanks for the comments.

Man, for the money you'll spend on the new pin, you're at 1/3 the cost of 435's! If it were me I'd just remove your AFC lever totally and govern that thing with your right foot. Then you don't even need a custom pin at all cause it isn't functional. And yes EDM's are better than Ext. Honed IMHO.

Yes I think the New Era sticks are better I ran 435's before my edm's and they were great they had the same power as ddp4's for allot less money. The pdr pin is the way to go over a BD. It seems to me that all of the big power stick are edms rather than extrude honed maybe they are more precise im not sure?

Back