E7m mack

FV SarahBrent

Bluewater
In 1998 Mack introduced 2 engines into the Marine industry. These were the E9 and the E7. The E9 was a V8 , 900HP. The E7 of course was 650HP @ 2300rpms. Each model was heatexchanger or keel cooled. I have a E7M version in my workboat. This is the second Mack I have had in service. Thefirst engine gave me great service, 22,OOO hours. I pulled it out of the boat and tore it down to find VERY little wear on the internals. Should have left it in my rig, however with my summer season approaching I re-powered with the same E7M that I bought as a running takeout in a sportfisher. This engine had around 9K hours on it. I have been running this engine for a year now. The engine is MUCH weaker than the first one. I have the exact same reduction gear and the exact same wheel. This engine now is clogging my aftercooler constantly with oily snot. My airsep is also loaded with oily snot! I have blowby comeing out of my oil cap. I have had a coolant leak I cant seem to find. I pressure tested the cooling system, and found small leak from the heatexchanger, so I replaced it. Pulled the heads to see if the head gasket was failing. Gasket was fine. Normal wear on liners 50%, I guessed. No sign of leak on the exhaust manifold. Leaking 1 gal. of coolant every 24hrs. of use. Engine runs up to 90hrs. @ trip. Wheres the oily snot comeing from and lost coolant?

Did u check liner protrusions? My guess would be a sunken counterbore and leaking orings.

Back