early 99 turbo

my votes on a modded H2e...I have no experiance, just what I have heard

what he said^^^^
what do you have for fuel, what do you do with the truck, and do you plan on going bigger in the future?

I would go with the D66 from beans... And fuel would deffinately be in the question.

Ya it might be but there is a lot more work and cost with that too... If you do the D66 it flows more air than the H2E and it also mounts in the stock location of an early 99 setup.

Ya it might be but there is a lot more work and cost with that too... If you do the D66 it flows more air than the H2E and it also mounts in the stock location of an early 99 setup.

The direct bolt on makes the D66 so nice, but it depends on what injectors you plan to run really...

I have run both. If you have or plan to have injectors larger than stage 2's, go with the H2E. If you run larger than stage 2's with a D66, it will die! I ran small B codes with my D66 and after 8 months it took out the bearing at my cost(warranty doesn't cover anything over stage 2's).

D66 = cheapest option as an upgrade and a 30 minute install.
H2E = More money, involved install, many upgrade options.

One thing we have found recently is a ton of whats has killed D66's or any turbo for that matter is drive pressure. The more drive pressure you build higher then boost pressure the more it pushes the shaft into the thrust bearing until it pushes the oil film out and failure soon follows.

Now while bigger injectors do inject more fuel creating more pressure it can still be controlled through tuning. Since we have been selling our tunes with the Dominators the failures have dropped in the tank. We ar going to be doing some testing here at the shopp pretty soon with D66's and stage 3' injectors and push it to as much hp as possible and see how it holds, I have a feeling it will do fine....

i'm planning on a D66 with Stage 2 injectors and Beans tuning in the near future cuz i aint got the cash to spend on a modded H2E to work with

I'm getting a D66 right now and installing injectors until I get more funds.

Back