ECM Folks

BigBadBrown

Alright so as some of you might know, i'm doing the 6 speed swap in my auto. I called the dealer's all around my area today and asked them about reprogramming the ecm and they said its not possible to reprogram it from auto to manual. I basically ended up hanging up on them and telling them BS. What i was wondering from you guys that have done the swap or even those that know something about it, is it reprogrammable and who do i have to send it to to get that done?

i am not 100% sure but i believe the dealer is correct on that.....from what i understand they are different and can not be interchanged or re-programed

you do not need an ecm, you need a different pcm, that controls your trans., wiring harness, and a few other things.. i changed from 5 speed to auto.

No, the PCM just needs to be wired a little differently. Look here

You are now ready for the wiring to make it run. What you will need to do with the 47re is take the plug with three wires and cut the plug off of it. There will be a black and white wire in the middle, attach a wire to it and run it up to one side of the safty switch on the clutch assembly. There are two wire on that safty with a green plug, the other wire you will need to ground. This is now your neutral saftey system. The other two wires are your reverse lights and get plugged in to the top of the manual transmission. Now with my truck and many others I have found you will need to have the ECM reflashed for the 5 speed I found out. I was in contact with Bob Wagner today and he told me he can reprogram my ECM and fix my problems. If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to ask me. If you see something I missed let me know and I will fix this. I hope this helps out everybody.

the only difference in an auto and manual ecm is the horse power difference from being high output or standard.. been there done that...

so is there going to be any problems when i put the nv5600 behind the cummins? Am i going to need to get it reflashed or what?

no you do not need to reflash your ecm.. you just need to work on the pcm side of things...

I just had to replace my ECM, I know for a fact you can't reprogram it. Its basically like a CD-R You can burn it once, but not twice like a CD-RW. As far as the rest of your PCM/ECM swap questions, I got nothin'

i thought though, that the wiring portion of the deal i just found was able to work? maybe i'm losing my marbles here with this thing.

you can check with cummins southern plains if you have one close to you,because they are supposed to be able to flash them..

Well, if i dont need to have the ecm reflashed, all i would need is to make the PCM work with the 6 speed, correct?

Back