ECM fooler?

TURBOLVR

Mr. Whipple
A question for the tech gurus. Would it be possible to make a plug-in module to fool the ECM on VP trucks to think the VP was still there when swapping to a Ppump? All it would have to do is read and relay the same signals the VP does, right?
It should allow the swap without setting CELs and should pass OBDII testing.:pop:

You have OBDII testing on diesels in your area? That sucks lol, I went through inspection with my engine light on and no bumpers and the guy said have a nice day.

I think with the ever increasing EPA regulations, it is only a matter of time before all areas are forced to do it.

That's true, I think it would pretty hard to fool the ecm into thinking the vp pump is still working, it isn't just a 1 wire pressure sensor. There may be a way to reflash it to forget all of the protocol though,

Its something i have been looking into for a few months now. You basicaly need a custom calibration. Ill bet the guys that do stand alone cr ecm's might be able to cook something up.

With emissions cracking down, its only a matter of time before someone will come out with one.

if efilive ever decides to do anything with the 24 vales im sure you could do it that way. Just like us VGT turbo guys can go to a fixed turbine with no codes or drama.

Its something i have been looking into for a few months now. You basicaly need a custom calibration. Ill bet the guys that do stand alone cr ecm's might be able to cook something up.

With emissions cracking down, its only a matter of time before someone will come out with one.

holy crap... tripple post! sorry yall, new i phone.

anyway. i emailed efi live just for chits and giggles. this is what i got back...

Hi Kyle,

We believe that the current FlashScan V2 hardware is capable of supported the
2005 and earlier SCI based Cummins vehicles (we made a specific hardware change
late last year). At this stage we have not absolutely proved the capability or
decided how far back we might develop support for. We'll probably make some of
the assessments/decisions when we get the 2007+ 6.7 litre support out (following
the initial 2006+ 5.9 support).

Perhaps get back in contact with us in a few months time or keep an eye on our
website and forum for updates.

Regards,
Andrew Jensen
EFILive Limited

I just yanked my cel bulb out. Good enough for now. I highly doubt that by the time they get around to requiring obd 2 inspections on diesels that mine will either be a) streetable or b) so old that it won't effect it.

They already do OBDII testing on diesels in a few states and national requirement is only a bill signing away.

:/ different stories man. Texas vs. the northeast. Texas would fight the **** out of a naitonal bill like that. I don't see it happening for a while. Especially with the outrageous overestimation of diesel pollution that was made a while back being proven wrong. unless it's a per county thing.(which it currently is).

Last edited:
They already do OBDII testing on diesels in a few states and national requirement is only a bill signing away.

very true! the media and govt (aka: epa) hates diesels. with the 2010 emissions tier the only thing coming out the tailpipe is h2o and no. they still want it cleaner.

emissions stuff is coming. peroid.

Back