ECSB 4x4 1st Gen idea

diesel_importer

I'm thinking about building an extended cab short bed 4x4 first gen. I've only seen 1 or 2 ecsb cummins swaps and they were 2wd. I have a nice '92 that was rolled and I've found a body I could stick on it. What do y'all think?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358568439.789746.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358568553.753581.jpg

From what I've found on the interweb, it looks like an ecsb wheel base is 2" longer than a scLb. Shouldn't be too hard to fix that. Both trucks are '92 also!

From what I've found on the interweb, it looks like an ecsb wheel base is 2" longer than a scLb. Shouldn't be too hard to fix that. Both trucks are '92 also!

I don't think the white one is a 92. I looks like it has the pre 91 front end on it. Or some body may have switched it out. Should be a pretty sweet swap though. There are a couple of them running around my parts. One is a custom that wester hauler did back in the day

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

There was in my area about 8 months ago guy wanted 16 grand and wasn't even done right! I would go for it the one I seen was awesome!

I talked to a guy a few years back who had completed this swap. If I remember correctly he said he just moved the rear axle back a couple inches. Beyond that he made it sound like it was pretty simple.

do it! saw a 4x4 on ebay for sale in 08'......shoulda bought the thing! truck was very nice.

That white truck is a early 91 at the newest since it still has the old grille. I would do it but i would probably just swap everything over yo the White trucks frame.

One of those trade deals. Guy owns wrecker company- gave him 2 old civic hatchbacks w/o titles and $400. He does all the hauling.

Finally got back on this project. Got both cabs off, wiring and dash swapped. Beds off, short bed on 3/4 ton frame. Just need to relocated 2 cab mounts and install frame

What plans do you have for power and trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back