edge comp box hot unlock

Atchley

Holler dweller
what is the hot unlock supposed to give you? how long will i take to have it done? i really want to have it done.

I think it just fuels to a higher RPM. You sign a "if it kills my truck I won't hold you responcible" form and pay them $100 or so and they give you a code. That's all I know. Fill us in!

Exactly what Jory said, it just fuels into higher RPM's. I think it's 3200 versus 2750. I can keep my transmission in 4th and get on it and feel it fuel farther than before, but I wouldn't say it was a night and day power gain.

I think I might send mine in to have it done. thanks for the help guys. I'll let yall know when i get it done.

IMO It's worth a hundred bucks. You can contact them directly from their website.

If you dont have it already you can pre-order it with hot on the end of the part# like this ecd1000ahot or something to that nature. The fueling goes to 3200 only on 5x5 the other levels are the exact same as regular one.

What they have said, I have seen the Comp Hot version lay down a few more horsies than a regular Comp, but not much, 15-20HP.

The fueling goes to 3200 only on 5x5 the other levels are the exact same as regular one.

I have taken my truck up to 3200 rpm on level 3 and 4 and it definitely pegs the speedo at 120mph. I haven't tried it on level 1 or 2 but I'm sure the fueling will go to 3200rpm no matter what level your on $.02

HARD FUELING TO 3200 ON 5x5

If you look or read the actual edge hot or drag comp settings and gains it says it fuels to 3200 on 5x5 and 2800 on the rest, I can wrap one up to 4k but it still wont be fueling as hard, as the comp does on 5x5. It just plains off unless to have a redline box.

Ok so i'm confused, are you talking about a Comp, you have to send it in to make it a Drag Comp and the Hot unlock code is for the Juice w/ attitude. Correct??

We switched my Drag Comp out with my friends comp box, and did some back and forth messing around with them on the street in my friends truck and there was definitely a noticeable difference. He liked it enough that he is sending his box back to have it updated. IMO its definitely worth it.
Sean

im definatly going to send mine in now. whats a good stack for a comp?

It's a few bucks more than just the hot unlock, but if you're going to stack anyways, why not get the smarty, have a good stack and fuel to 3500?

Just let the drag comp be by itself. I've dynoed the two back to back (back when the truck was running right) and they both made identical curves to 2750 and then after that the drag comp had an extra 40hp/40tq to 3200rpm. Peak numbers were the same.

I have been reading your guys discussion and i have been looking for a Drag comp for a while now. I didnt know if you guys knew of one that i could buy. I am really INTERESTED in a used one with the hot unlock code. If you do know where i could get one PM and Help me out...Thanks Cole

My truck is a 99 so i guess i need the one that will fit 98.5 - 00.

There were two or three in the for sale section, just do a forum search in the Dodge part of the for sale section and see what you get.

Back