Edge juice problems

CUMMINSTD

New Ride, Poor Wallet :/
My buddy has a 2003 f350 with an edge juice and when he turns it up on to the higher levels under full throttle it gets sluggish at high RPMs like its running out of fuel and sets the check engine light (High Pressure Oil Pump pressure too high) and goes into a limp mode to where it dont have a lot of power. If you shut it off and start it back up it resets itself and is fine until you lay into it hard again. Im thinking its a fuel issue, is there a high flow transfer pump he could get or is there another issue it could be?

I had this same problem with my '03, And it caused by the HPOP not being able to keep up to the oil demand (Atleast its what i was told).

custom tunes from where? is that a common problem with the edge? we doth were thinking it was running out of fuel so the HPOP was putting out more pressure to give it more fuel but the fuel wasnt there so it just over pressurised the system. That was just our guess. He loves the edge but just has that one problem.

if he likes it that much, keep it, just keep it on a lower lvl or dont hammer it so hard in a high lvl, since you know the problem exsists.. i did that for a bit with mine, then just sold it for a custom chip from TS Performance

i got tunes from swamps, i went through daves diesel in angola IN, and if he likes the edge that much tell him to get tunes he will love them alot better cause i got and edge also and i think it was the biggest piece of crap, but thats my opinion, i would never reccomend one for a 7.3

Back